Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Congrats, Cam!

My little brother graduated tonight. The little one with red hair and freckles that I still see hugging a Barney pillow and sucking his thumb. Only, tonight when I watched him walk across the Civic Center stage he was 6'1 wearing a graduation robe, a dress shirt and a striped tie, slightly choking from the white cord around his neck. Good heavens, what happened? How did all the members of my family become taller than me? How in the name of Pete did Cam get out of Leon with a diploma? How on earth did my parents manage to get all of us into college? It is a mystery. I feel like our lives have been one of those "choose your own ending books" where you pick the next part of the story and hope you don't fall off a cliff or the drink the poisoned wine or get bitten by a bat and die of rabies. Somehow all the pages we've picked have managed to get us to a safe chapter. Anyway, congratulations, Cam!















No comments: