Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

Um, so how do I make it in life? Like, seriously?

Last night Kenley and I were hanging out watching Lost (and I made this really great macaroni, but that's another story) and soon it was super late and I needed to go. So, I go to my car and somehow my trunk was opened, so I was like, "My trunk is open. I should fix that." So I step out of the car and absentmindedly hit the lock button, because I kind of do that subconsciously, but I knew not to shut the door. So, I close the trunk, but I was kind of on a hill, and all of the sudden a mighty wind came out of nowhere (not really) and my door started to shut. In slow motion I yelled, "Nnnn-nnn-ooo-ooooo!" but it was too late. (Running in slow motion does not get you to the car door nearly fast enough, fyi.)

So there I was at 11:00 at night with my keys locked in my car while it was running. I peered through the foggy windows at the lock button and could hear Michael Buble cheerfully singing about having the world on a string or some such nonsense. World on a string. I wished I had a hide-a-key on a string.

I took a walk of shame back to Kenley's door. We immediately found two coat hangers. I felt like we were on the Sandlot, trying to get the baseball out of the Beast's back yard. One failed attempt after another.



After a few close calls, but no success, we changed strategies. We decided to go through the sunroof. Michael Buble taunted us with his happy voice. Finally we managed to get the clothes hanger through the sunroof and pulled open the canvas part underneath. Next it was time for the piece de resistance. With the flashlight illuminating less and less, we stuck a shower curtain rod through the sunroof and hit the unlock button! Let me just tell you, what satisfaction. Now I know that if real estate doesn't work out for Kenley, we can go into a life of grand theft auto. "Elephants are soooo big!"

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

thatis blessed hilarious!!!