Saturday, October 07, 2006

Welllllcome to Chernigiv

Today me and Lori went to Chernigiv with our friends Emily and Katy. I had planned on shopping all day, but my plans always change. No worries. It's a two hour ride to Chernigiv on the bus and it only costs 3 dollars. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

We got to the city and Emily's friends Zoya, Denis and Nastya met us and we hung out all day. People are so much friendlier/nicer in Chernigiv. We were standing in the grocery store line and a little babushka started talking to me. (Never have I had an old lady do anything except yell at me in Kyiv...) She said, "Excuse me, what language are you speaking?" And I said, "We're speaking English." And she said, "Wow. Good job. That's great." So I told her, "Well, we're Americans." It's not difficult. Then she asked me what I was doing here in Ukraine and told me that the grocery stores are usually not this crowded but today is a Saturday and there are lots of people...etc, etc, etc." She was so sweet.
Then we went to Nastya and Denis' house and their mom fixed us lunch and we played charades and pictionary. Good times.

Anyway, here's some pictures. Arrivederci!



On the bus...



Lori and Denis



Me and Angelina



Denis, Katy, Nastya and Angelina



The whole gang.



Lori, Katy and me



Chernigiv Square





Cheburashka and Gena!



Wellcome to Chernigiv. You know, they should check the spellings of their signs before they post them all over the city. But that's okay. I'll forgive them this once. ;0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see your pictures and hear your stories.
Sounds like you all are eating well whether you want to or not!
Cheryl

Lori said...

Charades, yes, you got it right that time. Maladiets...or...wait...ummm....good job...yeah, that's it :o)