Monday, September 17, 2007

This just in: Archers are trading in their Jim Bows for Tee Bows

It would be a blatant lie if I told you that I enjoy my 8 o'clock class on Monday mornings, but I do enjoy getting to FSU before the myriad others arrive and take all the good parking spots. There is something very rewarding about getting one of the first spots in the little student lot on College Street. It puts you above the rest. Maybe you are more committed, more parking savvy, more talented at navigating through morning traffic. Or maybe you just value sleep less. It's most likely the latter, but nonetheless, my little Saturn looks quite content in that first row.

It's official- 9 out of 10 Tallahasseans believe that if FSU played a game against Lincoln's highschool football team tomorrow, Lincoln would win.

Well...maybe I made that statistic up, but I think there's some truth to it. (I really do believe that everyone would agree that Lincoln could beat Notre Dame. Heck, maybe even Leon could beat Notre Dame.) But, a win is a win and even a pathetic excuse for a victory is better than a loss. 2-1 looks much better than 1-1.

And what do you know? Miami actually managed to keep its players from having a full-scale riot this weekend. Most colleges would consider this a no-brainer, but not the poor UM students whose exorbitant tuition fees have been financing anger management therapy sessions for their football playing classmates. Now, if they can just beat a good team...

Enough of my pathetic excuse for football commentary. It boils down to this- 2 Florida teams are playing very well and 2, well, aren't. And if I hear the name "Tebow" one more time this week I will throw something. So steer clear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, leave Leon alone !!!