Thursday, November 01, 2007

So, for Halloween this year, after already getting to dress up as an X-men character for Mark and Jenn's superhero party, I had to come up with a different character. I decided that recycling costumes is lame, as Facebook will surely rat you out in the photo section. So, I decided to go as Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister who ends up marrying Harry in the Harry Potter books.

It seems as though there was far too little holiday spirit happening on FSU campus yesterday. I only saw one other guy dressed up. He was dressed in a Peter Pan costume with some amazing green tights, so I have to give him props for that, but he was the only one I saw.


I got numerous compliments on my outfit. In the beginning, I thought they were complimenting the costume, but then I came to the horrible discovery that, wand or no wand, people didn't know I was dressed up for Halloween; they just thought I had dressed up for work. I thought back and realized that I rarely get complimented on my outfits at any other time.


So, what I learned is that the only time I look good is when I'm dressing up as a Harry Potter character. It was a sad realization. Oh well.






1 comment:

Emmychka said...

Calyn that's just sad. But I think you made a great Ginny!!! :) I think I need to steal Harry Potter from Lori and reread them....