Monday, January 29, 2007

"Tattooed"

This weekend I got the awesome privilege to go Mark and Jenn's church in Milton and help with their Disciple Now. It was incredible! The theme was "tattooed" and we talked about being "marked" for Christ and the verses in Leviticus (yes, people still read that book. It still has good stuff to say. :0) and I Peter where it talks about "being holy because God is holy."



Me and Becca





Brandon is very photogenic. :0)



Brandon and Brittany



Emma and Becca



Taylor and Sam



Kathy and Brandon



Me and Ashley



The whole gang. :0)

That night, after eating tacos, we watched the first session of Louie Giglio's "Tattooed" series and it was great. He talked about being marked by Christ and we talked about in Galatians, when the Jews and Gentiles were arguing over whether Gentile Christians should have to obey the law and how now, the calling is even higher. We went from a series of external rules, to internal "holiness." (Be holy because I am holy.) The latter is much more difficult. I can't really explain it all because I'm not good at that kind of thing, but it's Louie Giglio, so you know it's good.

The girls and Becca (a youth worker from a church in Bagdad, Florida) and I went to a host home and had some discussion time and we designed our own "tattoos" and talked about what we would have if we got one.

The next night Brent came over and I haven't seen him in about 3 years so that was fun. He was on me, Mark and Nick's team the first year we all went to Ukraine. We all just talked and played random love songs on my laptop and stayed up really late. Oh, and we all put on fake tattoos, which was super great.



Me, Brent and Nick in the background.



My amazing, upside-down, pink ninja tattoo



Oops, Brent blinked.



That's better. :0)

So Sunday morning me and Nick Jones spoke in church and that went really well. I thought people were pretty responsive and the youth shared what they learned and that was good. Then Mark and Jenn took us to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and I headed home. I miss all of y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that theme sounds amazing. I'd be really interested to hear what Louie had to say about it. :o)

lauren noel said...

man--you, brent, mark, and nick?! could it GET any better? i think not :D i'm jealous calyn! hope you're semester is going well! guess what? i'll get to see you in person this summer. i'm thrilled and bubbling :D