Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My butter has touched another food. I need new butter.

I was sitting at the front desk waiting for the phone to ring when I noticed a new newspaper on the side table. The Chronicle of Higher Education. On the front page was a Chinese scientist with a huge smile on her face. The title read, "China Lures Scientists Home With Stem Cells. Untroubled by the use of human embryos, the country vies to become a world leader in research." That's good. Untroubled by the use of human embryos... It's said so flippantly, like, "Untroubled by her husband's decision to wear brown shoes and a black belt..." or "Untroubled by the fact that his mashed potatoes were touching his meat loaf..." I mean, really? Granted, we shouldn't be surprised that China, with some of the worst human rights violations on record (and far worse off), is excited about experimenting on people. But the fact that American newspapers are also excited about this is a little disturbing. Of course, where do I find this newspaper? Oh, that's right. FSU.

Onto more frivolous things, the chick with the fake leg got voted off Dancing With the Stars last night. You know, the one that took a bunch of Paul McCartney's money. Sorry, I mean, I'm glad she was on the show and all, but it seemed like all they ever talked about was her fake leg. The Associated Press had this to say about her, "She [Heather Mills] was the first contestant with an artificial limb to compete on the ABC dance-off." What? The first person to dance on Dancing With the Stars with an artifical leg!? I had no idea! I definitely thought that Drew had a robotic arm and Billy Ray a fake hip. Well, I can't say I'm sorry she was voted off. I wasn't a huge fan. I can only take so much of PETA people. Personally, I'm going for Apollo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! What have the Chinese ever done to you? Oh, yea right. Torture Christians, enslave people who dissent, kill female babies.............

Emmychka said...

Your posts are funny yet educational. Thank you for making my internet time worthwhile. ;)