Tuesday, May 15, 2007

You are not unknown

A few weeks ago I sent a letter to Pastor Wang. He was arrested and imprisoned in December with 7 other church leaders in China simply for sharing his faith in Jesus. I was saddened to find his letter in my mailbox yesterday with the word unknown in French and Chinese checked off on the envelope.

I wonder how many persecuted Christians believe that they are unknown and that the world doesn't know.
I wonder how many Christians know that more of their brothers and sisters have been killed for their faith in the past 100 years than the previous 1,900.

As Paul pleaded with the church at Colosse to "remember [his] chains," let's remember our brothers and sisters like Pastor Wang who are imprisoned, tortured and killed because of their faith in Christ. May they not be unknown.



"Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies." Hebrews 13:3

No comments: