Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Jason and the Limbs

And now it's time for that great 50's doo-wop hit by Jason and the Limbs- Do You Have a Chainsaw?

We're here with Jenna Myrick, triangle player for the one hit wonder group Jason and the Limbs. Tell me, Jenna, what's the story behind your band's name?

Well, Jason was my neighbor back in 2007. One day he came to the door and asked me if I saw the lamp that fell in my backyard and I said, "Wha? There's a lamp in my backyard?" And he said, "Liiiiimmmb." And I said, "Oh, no, I haven't seen the limb that fell in my backyard."

Do you find it hard to understand Jason on a regular basis?

No, but he insists that he has a strong southern accent. He doesn't.

Was this the first time that Jason has come over?

No...he likes to over-inform us on things that happen at our house. Normally it's kind of annoying, but this time I really did have no idea that there was half a tree in our yard.

How'd it fall?

Well, we assumed that lightening had struck it because it had been storming really bad, but Jason gave me a long, drawn-out explaination about how "this here tree's a wateroak and that's why it fell and blah, blah, blah." Laurie says it's a cherry tree. He's misinformed.

So, what happened next?

Well, we walked outside to see a giant limb, and I'm talking giant, from the tree that had fallen onto our hammock in our backyard. And he asks me, "Do you have a chainsaw?" And I said, "Uh, no." And he said, "Do you have any kind of saw?" And I said, "No." And he said, "Well, if I had a chainsaw, I'd cut it down right now. But since I don't, do you want me to call your landlord?"

Why would he call? Were you not speaking to your landlord?

No, Todd and I are pretty much BFF. But Jason didn't know this and he felt like it was his responsibiltiy to take care of the needs of the world. He assumes we're little helpless college girls.
Jason insists on moving the tree because he thinks that it's going to injure his fence. I asked if he needed assistance, but he said, "No, that's okay, Sweetie."

Do you think it's normal for 40-year old men to call you Sweetie?

Uh, no, but at least he didn't call me Sugarlips.
Jason tries to move the limb, but it's obviously too heavy because he sounds like he's going to have a heart attack at any moment. But as he pushes it a piece flies up against the fence and whacks it off. He didn't seem too concerned. It'll give him a place to look through to make sure no more limbs have fallen into our yard.

Thanks for your time, Jenshka. Let's give it up for Jason and the Limbs.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny.