Friday, June 29, 2007

One- Ahahah! Two- Ahahaha!

Publixes just make me happy. They are so welcoming. And the stores are green and I just love green. Jenna and I went yesterday to pick up some diet lime soda for this stuff we're making and lo and behold, 12-packs of coke products were 5 for $10. This is utterly amazing. So we stocked up. And then we found all these buy one get one deals, Cool Whip, mushrooms, cereal. At the end of our amazing Publix experience I looked at my receipt. It said- Total: $22.01. Total Savings: $22.10. We saved more than we spent with all of our buy one get ones. This is a new mile marker in my life. If you live in a place that doesn't have Publixes, you are missing out. Call your congressman.

I was not naive enough to think that the feeling during my great shopping experience would be a feeling that would continue throughout the evening. It never happens that way. Dad and I went running at the Godby track and he was going to come in and use my cellphone to call his brother. We go to open the door and as I open it we both fall back writhing in pain, foaming at our mouths. Okay, well, not that bad, but Diane had spilt GARLIC in the house. My most hated enemy. I cringe at the sound of its name. Like nuclear radiation it had swept through my home and could even be smelt on the back porch. Dad could not handle it and went home. I almost followed him to make a spot on the couch. Fortunately, the garlic smell killed off my senses in the first 30 minutes or so as I could not tell the difference between Diane's roses and the spoiled milk in the fridge. Lerah's going to have to find a place to read that vampire book somewhere else. No vampire would be brave enough to venture onto our street at this point.



Count VonCount says: Only YOU can prevent garlic spills!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually love garlic, but can imagine the over the top smell of it would be more than I could bear too...