Sunday, March 16, 2008

“I have found almost everything ever to be written about love to be true. Shakespeare said, ‘Journeys end in lovers meeting.’ What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have never experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose that I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said that ‘love is blind.’ Now that is something I know to be true. For some, quite inexplicably, love fades. For others, love is simply lost. But then, of course, love can also be found-even if just for a night. And then there’s another kind of love. The cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. It’s called unrequited love. Of that, I am an expert.” -Iris in The Holiday

No comments: