Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Only 20 Days Until Christmas!

Lori is home, everybody. Well, she is in Tallahassee. That is so exciting. I got to drive up to Atlanta with Mr. Tony and Mrs. Cheryl to pick her up at the airport. That is always loads of fun. Me and Mrs. Cheryl dominated the CD player the whole time. Poor Mr. Tony never got to listen to his Creedence. Mrs. Cheryl said, "Calyn, you have such good taste in music." I just said, "No, Mrs. Cheryl, I just have your taste in music." I ate at my first "Huddle House." Not necessarily something I'd repeat for fun, but I can say that I've done it.

I had a huge Dr. Pepper waiting for Lori as soon as she got off the plane. We've had a great time Christmas shopping this week and hanging out and catching up. Of course, I've only been Lori-less for a month, whereas most of you people have been Lori-less for about 11, and I don't know how you make it.

I'm staying with Josh and Melinda Cable this week and we're having a super great time. Mrs. Laura is a very smart woman to leave us no-oven-required meals, although somehow I'm sure I will end up messing those up as well. I didn't even know you could make lasagna in the microwave! Amazing. I'm staying as far away from their refrigerator as possible. (*See May's blog posts for reasons why.) Really anything that uses water I'm trying to stay away from.

Well, I will leave you with my two quotes of the week.

"I knew something was going on with Jan and Howard! I knew they were having an affair!" -My Mom
"You mean both of them?" -Cameron

"We have nuts. And Fig Newtons." -Kenley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys stopped by last night! Thanks for the snowman, he is very happy in his new home! I hope that you have a wonderful week! I love you!