Monday, August 13, 2007

red said it best

i miss fountain drink stops at places with dr. pepper and diet pepsi

i miss roadtrips to the georgia (the state, not the country ;0) line at 3 o'clock in the morning.

i miss late night bunkbed talks

i miss celebrating april 4th every year with seafood

i miss drawing the lyrics to songs on computer paper

i miss trying out hair braiding skills before youth on sundays

i miss splitting shrimp and scallop meals

i miss not having to finish my thoughts out loud

i miss rocking out to petra

i miss the tale of the three trees

i miss speeding down fred george with the sunroof open

i miss hanging out on todd's couch

i miss eating cereal for dinner

i miss walking down the hill...

...onto the white stones...

...between the two trees...

...through a couple spiderwebs...

...to a perpetually locked door

i miss drama practice

i miss the seals at seaworld

i miss watching the shawshank redemption and quoting all of morgan freeman's best lines

i miss opening christmas presents way too early

i miss singing american pie from start to finish on the way to church

i miss being read max lucado books

i miss being in the same time zone

i miss being on the phone until 2 in the morning when i used to think it was late

I miss messing up all the words to "into the woods."

i miss being four houses away

i miss sharing a room

i miss grocery shopping

i miss agreeing on all essentials- sour cream, pelmeni, cheap toilet paper and coke light

i miss 8 episodes of boy meets world a day

i miss sharing everything

i miss planning what to do with a newly bought delorean

i miss looking up the lyrics to songs on google so we can make sure we've got it right

i miss cinnamon-sprinkled coffee

i miss dead deer

i miss walking home from the bus stop

i miss sneaking away from maria ivanovna

i miss the jeep

i miss trying to figure out how many grams of cookies we need

i miss singing big fish in the car

i miss sharing headphones on the marshrutka

i miss celtic festivals

i miss playing at the coast

i miss giving toasts at shenanigans

i miss playing christmas music in july

i miss educating our generation on how great cheers is

i miss having to buy half as many cd's

i miss putting up my christmas tree

i miss taking it all for granted and thinking it would always be exactly the way it was

i guess i just miss my friend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i miss taking it all for granted and thinking it would always be exactly the way it was"...I know the feeling, I remember the feeling.

Here comes the cornyness, but growing older can be fun...somewhat of an adventure, but I do miss those days of thinking nothing would ever change, thinking life would always stay the same...that you or your friends would never move away, would always be around...along with so many other things like what you mentioned. I do tend to get a little too nostalgic...I am remembering too many fun things I used to do...

Emmychka said...

Thank you for sharing Lori with me. I want you to know that I am taking good care of her ;) And I want to say thank YOU for introducing me to the person here in Ukraine who is the biggest source of encouragement and laughter and a wake-up call when I need it. Maybe this didn't help you, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm grateful that you introduced us too.