Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rest in Peace, Back to the Future

I am not really a theme park person. I mean, they're okay and all, but somehow waiting in a line for hour to be thrilled for 45 seconds just doesn't seem like the best use of my time. However, I have always wanted to go to Universal Studios. During my, Carli and Derek's reunion this past weekend I was presented with the perfect theme park visiting opportunity- completely free with no travel time. Who could pass this up? So it was off to Universal. One cannot be too careful about losing their car, so we took a picture.






I was so glad that I remembered my sweater that day.

We first went to Islands of Adventure and Carli asked what we would like to do. I told her that we could do anything that everybody wanted as long as we made sure to get to the Back to the Future ride. My whole life I had wanted to ride it.


Imagine my complete dismay when we followed the map to the Back to the Future ride to see it completely torn down, preparing for some monstrosity known as "The Simpsons Ride." How could Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd even be compared with the Simpsons!? Back to the Future is a classic! One of the greatest movies ever made! I can't even make it through 3 minutes of the Simpsons! The store was still there, the DeLorean parked outside, but a horrid pink sprinkled donut was all that stood in place of the greatest ride of all time.


Fortunately some other great movie rides remained. We got to see Terminator in 3-D and Carli almost got us kicked out with her flash photography. (She is hardcore.)

And we took our picture with the greatest vehicle ever not made.



The third time I got stuck in this very seat my self esteem started to fall...

We even managed to take in some great waves.

Me and Derek doing our best Bubba faces.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back to the Future=Classic...how old were you when this movie came out? No...don't answer that unless you feel led to--regardless, the answer makes me feel old...