Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sammy Davis Jr., Jr! K MHE!

Well, here I am in the Charlotte Airport. Evidently my love for airports did not protect me from them plotting my demise. The trip could hardly have started on a worse note. My flight is cancelled; I’m going to arrive past my 6:00pm deadline to get my key; my bags may be lost; I don’t have my baggage tags so there is no way of finding my bags, and they confiscated my amazing aromatherapy lotion I bought from Bath and Body Works. (That's really not that big of a deal; I was just a big fan of eucalyptus. The lady assured me that it will go to the Shelter, so I felt a bit better about it, but Jenna may have to dive into my eucalyptus reserves at home and send me some more. ;0)

I wonder how many other passengers are twitching beneath their polished façade of calm. Perhaps a few, but they all look pretty content to me. They didn’t lose their baggage tags…There is a Starbucks manager behind me training her new posse. She’s explaining to them all the intricacies of a French Press while they look on in awe. Clearly they have never met Jake and Taylor or they would understand all the mysteries a press affords. Lori and I used to marvel at the wonders of it when we made coffee for movie nights with the laptop. You push it down and coffee pops out. Amazing.

There is a flight to Birmingham behind me that I tempted to get on. Actually, I could probably go pay Madison a visit and make it back to Charlotte before my next plane leaves. If not, maybe she can fax me some Whole Foods gelato. I wonder if they have Whole Foods in DC. I'll have to make a search. What is it that Alex says on "Everything Is Illuminated?" Oh, yes. A "very rigid search." I will make a very rigid search and get back to you all.

Until then, arrivederci. If I ever make it to DC, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, like I need to know if you are ok and not sleeping on the street tonight.

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet melissa. She is all tucked in : )