Friday, August 11, 2006

I would just like everyone to know that Lori and I are making banana bread and cookies today. Mostly this is for Carli to read and be so proud of us for cooking. And we're not even using the break and bake cookies. Like, we had to learn the word "baking power" in Russian for this. So armed with our instructions we're off to the grocery store. Tomorrow we're going to an orphanage with Veronica and the twins. Yeeeesssss. Oh! And I got mail today! I got a letter from my mom and a postcard from Michael. It's from Pittsburgh! That's so exciting. I'm trying to think if there's anything else exciting I need to share with you all before I post this...

M: ("M" for "me.") Come on, Lori, what else exciting do we need to say? Say something, Lori.
L: I'm not an exciting person. This is why I don't update my xanga.
M:Clearly, blogs are better. Say something about my postcard.
L: Well, it's got a picture of Pittsburgh on it. Calyn wants to go there. There's a nice bridge. I know the word for bridge in Russian. It's "most."
M:Most of what? Just kidding.
L: That's all I've got. I just said it.
M: Pathetic, Lori. Pathetic. Haven't you lived with me long enough to pick up how to make random blog posts?
L: And yet, you still love me.
M: I got sunburned yesterday. In Ukraine. That's pretty cool.
L: I'm going to play "shine" by the newsboys. Is that exciting? It's better than that "devotion" song that was playing earlier.
M: I learned a lot from that song. I mean, when I was little, it was that song that taught me what a "deadhead" was...Along with an awkward conversation about what they meant by a "happy bouncer." Poor Mom.

Okay, well, the crazy lady who stays in the lobby of the apartment and...well, I don't really know what she does...but she's ringing the doorbell again. She's probably going to try to feed us or speak German to us...gotta go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maladyets ladies. mmm for banana bread...and an email is on its way soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo looking forward to go to the orphanage with all of you guys this Wed!!! and Bible Study after that!!! YEEESSSS!!! World becomes a better place to live ;)

Anonymous said...

wow.
tell atht weird lady we said hey!