Saturday, February 02, 2008

Someone's Gotta Turn Phil the Other Way

Not having a car makes me feel as though I'm back in Kyiv again. Riding the metro, dragging bags home from the grocery store, searching for bus stops...running after busses, it's something that I associate with Kyiv, which makes me think of Lori, which makes me smile. :0) Today I went on a running adventure to find places to shop. I discovered that past the Target is a New York and Company, a Best Buy, an Old Navy, a Starbucks, a Subway and a grocery store. These are all very good finds. So, after I went home and took a shower, Becca and I journeyed to the grocery store to stock up for this next week. We have to make sure to do all of our shopping on the weekends, because when we get home during the week it's already dark and we can't walk to the grocery store. I decided to splurge this week and invest in some peanut sauce. I was going to make some, Jenshka, but i figured it was more expensive to invest in all the ingredients, so I just bought some. I can't wait to make stir fry. :0)

Anyway, happy Groundhog Day to you all. I guess ol' Phil saw his shadow today, so we're in for six more weeks of winter.



Looks to me as if Phil needs to lay off the Twinkies. I was very disappointed that I can't seem to find "Groundhog Day" on TV. I need a little more Bill Murray in my life. It seems like TBS always has it on all day, but this year they decided to play the "Fantastic Four" instead. Clearly a superior movie...not.



So next year, Carli and I will have to have a date and make sure we're in the same city and country to have a Groundhog Day marathon. Until then, "Do you ever have deja vu, Mrs. Lancaster?" "I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen."

No comments: