Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The 1:26 News

Sorry guys, I've been really slacking lately. I'm very sorry for not keeping you all up to date. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten home til after 1:00 every night this week...nah.

Good evening (morning) and welcome to the 1:26 news. I'm your host, Calyn Reber reporting for channel 3 and a 1/3. In our big story of the evening- Saran Wrap. It's not just for your mother's leftovers. Tonight in a house on the north east side teenagers wrapped each other in saran wrap and did the worm on carpet. In an unrelated story, Alec Waller is in town. We have uncovered the real reason he decided to attend Covenant College in Georgia. He said, "When I went to check it out, we were watching this movie and these two guys came in totally naked and just sat down on the floor. I was like, wow, that's awesome. That's one of the main reasons I decided to go to Covenant." He denounced rumors, however, that he has in fact joined a nudist colony. We can only thank God for that.
Kenley Stringer has bought the haunted house that was the source of many a story of my friend Stephanie and I when we were in elementary school. It seems that little children were locked in one of the bedrooms in the past. It's kinda sketchy. There's scratch marks all over the door and nothing but a deadbolt on the inside. However, Monday night was work night at the Cumberland house. Almost the entire inside was painted and Jenna and I even signed our names in paint on the concrete floor that will soon be covered with wood. Our names are forever sketched in the haunted house. Six garbage bags of insulation were also removed from the 2nd bedroom. When he said "fixer-upper" he wasn't kiddin' anybody.
Todd Sapp went on a lunch date recently... You can check out his blog for details.
Here comes the best part of the news. For those of us who are fans of the Lion King soundtrack (I'm thinking of the loud, vocal fans...namely, me, Diane, Shannon and Jenna) I've found the real words and translation of the "do you wanna-wanna-na banana..wanna-go-to-a-nevada..."
Check it out:

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [Here comes a lion, Father]
Sithi uhm ingonyama [Oh yes, it's a lion]
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama Siyo Nqoba [We're going to conquer]
Ingonyama Ingonyama nengw' enamabala [A lion and a leopard come to this open place]

And then the really low-voice-lady starts singing "From the day we arrive on the planet..." I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean. Honestly it doesn't really sound all that great in English, but you know. It's still awesome. And then right after that in big letters it says:



Yeeeessss. What a great movie. I mean, really, what beats Lion King? Maybe Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. But that's about it.
So I was driving down Tennessee street yesterday and I saw this bumper sticker that really made me laugh. I'm not sure if I shoulda laughed at it, but it was funny. It said, "Dyslexic satan worshippers sell their souls to Santa."
Okay, well, I'm meeting Alec and Daniel at some bagel place tomorrow morning, so I need to go. Some unforunate people still have class tomorrow until 5...meh.
Arrivederci!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sigh......... i never make the news anymore

OMH said...

Dyslexic Atheist "Don't believe in there is a Dog" either.

Gotta say the bumper sticker cracked me up!

Hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving. With all your friends coming in it should be very busy but FUN! May God Bless You and mulitply the little rest you will get to be just enough!

Lori said...

Ok, the Lion King rocks the house. When Calyn was in 9th grade, we spend severl bus rides home quoting the entire movie. From start to finish including songs. It was amazing. Yes we were nerds. Yes we still are...and in a few short days we can be nerds together again. YESSSS.

Anonymous said...

I have three words for you ...

The Little Mermaid

Haha, so okay ... Happy Thanksgiving!


♥ Leah