Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Day of Birthdays

Happy Birthday to Shannon, Mr. Robbin and Rachel!!!!
Y'all are pretty special, all sharing the same birthday and all. I thought I'd tell you some other exciting things that happened on your birthday:
Well, You share a birthday with:
RuPaul, Howard Dean, Danny DeVito, Gordon Lightfoot, Soichiro Honda (founded Honda), and King Louis XIII of France. (Okay...so maybe that wasn't all that exciting.)

1800 - The United States Capitol building in Washington, DC holds its first session of the U.S. Congress
1869- Suez Canal opens
1871 - The National Rifle Association is granted a charter by the state of New York.
1968 - NBC preempts the final 1:05 minutes of a very close NFL football match between the New York Jets and the Oakland Raiders with Heidi, prompting an outrage amongst sport fans. (I guess the superbowl used to be in November?)
1973 - Watergate scandal: In Orlando, Florida, US President Richard Nixon tells 400 Associated Press managing editors "I am not a crook."
1989 - Cold War: Velvet Revolution begins - In Czechoslovakia a student demonstration in Prague is quelled by riot police. This sparks an uprising aimed at overthrowing the communist government (it succeeds on December 29).
2003 - Arnold Schwarzenegger is inaugurated Governor of California.

Apparently November was just a very popular month to be born. So many birthdays.
Happy Birthday, Sveta! It's already the 18th in Ukraine. :0)
Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Calyn, I feel much more informed about my birthday now! However for this year I believe you changed my birthday to Sat... jk... I hope you have a great day today. I know things may be a little hard right now, but hey LORI IS COMING HOME!!!!!

Todd G Sapp said...

lol ppl on the dl

Calyn said...

Aw, Todd, you know how to use pauls weird abbreviation things. I'm so proud.