Sunday, November 13, 2005

Yaaaaayyyyy!

Quote o' the weekend- "Yaaaayyyyyy!" - Lerah and Rachel

Well, as Jenshka has already mentioned, me, her and Diane (and Todd, Sappy, Drew and Laurie) went down to Panama City early to set up for the "Face to Face" retreat. It was pretty darn fun. Me and Jenna spent about 6 hours duct taping a floor. Very exciting stuff.



You'd never think that would have taken 6 hours. But, then, I was never very good at geometry. Combine that with my and Jenna's perfectionist tendencies and it makes for slow progress. However, we were both very excited about how the "labyrinth" turned out.

My favorite part of the pre-retreat time we had was a trip to the Russian food store! Heck da! In P.C. there's a "Moscow Grocery and Internet Cafe" place and they had a board with common Russian phrases outside the door and they had the ketchup I love the Tорчин продукт кетчуп and that was very exciting. And, just for Carli, we picked up some green apple juice. :0) But, that actually turned out to be Bulgarian. Whatever.

Anyway, we went to Walmart a couple times and visited home depot and Todd bought us some snacks because he is awesome. Then me and Jenna, Sappy and Diane decided it was photo time.



Me and Jenshka



Me and Sappy





What is it?



It's beautiful...



Am I:

a) a turned over table
b) a dead cockroach
c) really glued to a ceiling that just looks like a floor?



Before I lost my shoe. When my feet were clean.



Jenna's only smiling because she doesn't see the gigantic spider crawling towards her head.

One of our trips to Walmart:



Shannon and Diane



Lollipops are good.



Very good.



What? We weren't taking pictures in Walmart. What are you talking about?



Jenna and Shannon eating their gigantic cheap walmart sandwiches

After much hard work and lots of play, the youth arrived on Friday and we spent some quality time with Jesus this weekend. It was awesome.



Lars, Pauls and Jenshka



Me, Lars and Jenshka



"Best friends! Yaaaayyyyy!" Rach and Lerah



Me and Jenshka getting ready for some serious recreation! Fish fling! Here we come!



My small group! Me, Jenna, Rachel, Anna, Lerah and Callie. We were AWESOME!!! Freakly awesome.



One of the coolest people I know, Christian Horton.



Me and Lerah



Our group!



Everybody who's anybody. :0)


Between flying fish, human sand sculptures, intense (like the circus) volleyball games, escaping out windows, one-on-one time with Jesus, roof climbing, play dough molding, birthday cake eating (Happy Birthday, Lerah!!!), and dance parties, it was an awesome weekend. I would write longer, but I need to go do some serious homework. Love ya! Arrivederci!


Oh, P.S. I got this "tag I'm it" thing, so to be a good sport, here are the rules:

Ground Rules: The 1st player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yourself" and people who get tagged need to write a xanga entry about their 5 weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "You are tagged" in their xanga and tell them to read yours.

5 weird habits of yourself:

1. I'm obsessed with things being symmetrical. Like, really. It drives me crazy when things aren't symmetrical. Just ask Jenna.

2. I like to turn on movies and not watch them. I just like to have them on, like, while I'm doing homework and stuff. I'm not actually watching them, it's just nice to have something on.

3. I generally have warm clothes within walking distance of me at all times because I am always cold. So it might be 90 degrees out, but I will probably still have a sweater with/on me at all times. And when I don't, you will probably know because you will hear my teeth chattering and see my arms and legs shaking uncontrollably.

4. I really like things to be spelled/stated correctly. My grammar's not always perfect, but it really bothers me when people do not distinguish between "it" and "it's," and "than" and "then," "here" and "hear," "to," "two" and "too," and "there," "they're," and "their." (However, if English is not your first language, then I don't mind at all.) So, I usually proofread my blogs because I really don't like them to be messed up.

5. I'm obsessed with water, but I despise taking showers. So, I'm only in the shower for about 3 minutes every morning. I jump in and out as fast as I can. I just, really, really don't like taking showers. I don't know why. (Don't worry, though. I really do shower.)

Well, now that that's done, I will tag, um, Todd, Carli, Lerah, Tanya and Zhenya.

Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its Lerah.. YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! (lovely pictures of me by the way.. /sarcasm)

It was definitely amazing. I had mega-fun. (I wish I could have got more out of it. Though, I think after reflecting on what I learned last night I realized I did get stuff out of it.) I definitely love you to death and think bessest friend cheers are one of the best things ever.

You guys gave me the best birthday ever.

Calyn said...

Thank you for your apostrophe, Pauls.

Calyn said...

Maybe not, but I can spell. And I know how to use exclamation points and question marks, Pauls... :0)