Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I love easter musicals!

I love the week before Easter. It is at this time that we're always stressed out because "there is no way we're going to have this memorized by Sunday!" "I can't find a jewel toned shirt, Mr. Robbin! This is not 1992!," "I'm not a good cripped person!" "The disciples are gonna drop me!," "The lights won't work!," "Our tomb is unrealistic!," "I'm losing my voice!," "I'm losing my mind!," and yet it is one of the most fun weeks of my year.

At what other time can me and Mr. Dayton send subliminal messages through the microphones- "Terrial...bring us free Chick-Fil-A...free brownies...Terrial..." and- "Man, Joey looks pretty hot in that centurion helmet...yeah, I agree. It's 'cause he shined his boots today...?" What other time do I ever get to hang out with Hyatt and Mark and Mr. Dayton and Mr. Barry, and the Buerkes and Mr. Terrial and Mrs. Martha for such long periods of time? And so many great inside jokes come out of these things. Who could ever forget "I will survive!" - Dan Rigo, "Jesus went to the Olive Garden"- Bucky Waller, "Squeezers..." -Bekah Wirgau and Mr. Dayton's demon voice? I mean, Easter week is just a fun time.

Let's face it. People come to the Northwoods Easter Musical, they spend a couple hours hearing about Jesus' life, all the awesome, amazing, miraculous things he did, see him die, defeat death, rise from the dead and give hope to the entire world, but then it's over. We get to spend the entire week every single night celebrating those things! We get to act it out! Pretend like we were there! That's just exciting. My favorite thing about this Easter musical is the end. Most Easter musicals end with Jesus rising from the dead. This one ends with Revelation. I don't pretend to understand everything in Revelation. I do know one thing, though: Jesus wins. And that means we win. :0)

This is how it's going down, people:

"Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang:

'Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!'"

Revelation 5:11-12

Close the door to your room or office and read that outloud. Isn't that just so awesome!? That's gonna be heaven, people. Those are my favorite lines in the Easter musical.

"Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life...Yes, I am coming soon." John got it right on at the end. Second to the last verse in Revelation- "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

I'm with ya, John. Until then I guess we'll just keep telling the story......"I heard an old, old story...'bout a Saviour came in glory...how he gave his life on Calvary...to save a wretch like me....O victory in Jesus..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhm, my dad's demon voice? Yeah ... that's his normal "at home" voice. Juussstt kidding. :)


Leah