Friday, May 19, 2006

Stargazing

I know I mentioned in a comment to Todd that I disagree with the notion that we learn things every day because sometimes I don't think I learn anything, but recently that phrase has been proven very true. Yesterday I learned that a "K" means "strike" in baseball and today I learned that the lights go off in the church parking lot at exactly 12:49 a.m. Now why Mr. Reid or whoever it was chose this particular time, me, David and Jenna aren't quite sure but that is the time that they go off. My Dad always used to tell me that "nothing good ever happens after midnight." I know that was just a ploy to get me home before 12:00, but if I always came home before 12:00 I would have never have known that the lights go off in the church parking lot. Before the lights went off we stared in wonder at the moon...and some airplanes and maybe the Big Dipper, but after they went off the entire sky erupted in a splash of twinkling lights and we lay in the grass watching meteors streak through the atmosphere like some sort of celestial food fight from one star to another. It was amazing. I highly recommend stargazing. But if you're going to Northwoods to do it, make sure to go after 12:49.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love stargazing!
It makes me think of that song in Aladin...
"A whole new world..." and it says some other stuff...O O O! I know it make me think of that song that goes "Some where out there someone's thinking of me..." I learned that from Fievel! Ah...really...alot of love songs come to my head.

Today is the 19! Omigoodness! Calyn!! You're leaving soon! However, I'm leaving sooner for the mountains. Such sadness. What am I gonna do with out Calyn to break my fridge? hahaha...

I love you Calyn Reber!!

~Melinda~

Calyn said...

When I get back I'll break your fridge for you, Melinda. :0) I love you. I'm so glad I got to see you Sunday morning. :0)