Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The many adventures of Amberly, Calyn, Lori and Dennis

So I am living life in the fast lane here in Kyiv. Today I did something very exciting. I went down an up escalator. And it was going really fast. But I will get to that part of the story.

This morning Lori went to work and me and Amberly slept in and then we got up and we cleaned the whole apartment and it looks soooo amazing. Like, it is for real awesome. And I have pictures up everywhere of all my favorite peoples and that is fun. Then me and Amberly went to the Radooga office where we picked up Lori and Dennis and we walked to the Pyramid mall and ate at this really awesome baked potato place that's a lot like McAllister's. We don't have a McAllister's in Tallahassee, but they're all over the US so you guys might know about them. Then we walked around the mall and Amberly bought an Elton John duets CD. And we are going to have a dance party later. OOOOH! Speaking of dance parties, we had one last night. We have light-up microphones and we turned on duet songs, like, cheesy love song ones, and we danced around the apartment singing Johnny Cash and Celine Dion and stuff. It was pretty much the best. So we invited Dennis over and we're going to do that tonight too. It's going to rock. So we left the CD store and there was this escalator that was going up. We were already up. So we looked for the down one. But the down one was like, way over on the other side. So Amberly said, "Let's go down the up escalator!" So we did. We live life dangerously. That is my story for today.

Oh, and my other story is this. So, yesterday me and Lori went to see our friend Pasha's (Pasha, the actor from camp for those of you who know him) drama performance for his school because he's a theatre major and we watched it and it was all in Ukrainian so I only understood like, 4 words, but I understood "К чёрту." Jenna knows what that means. Anyway, so afterwards, Pasha had to go somewhere, I don't know, so he took us to the school cafeteria and told us to wait for him. I was thinking, like, maybe 15 minutes. Well, he didn't come back for like an hour and a half, because he is King Pasha and he can do that. But while we waited the gotten kinda crowded and these two guys, Igor and Dennis asked if they could sit at our table. So they did. And we started talking to them. Igor knew a little English and I could sorta talk to him a little bit and so we were talking about school and our majors and what we were doing in Kyiv and stuff. It was really fun. Like, usually I'm weirded out when random guys start talking to me in Ukraine, but I guess maybe because they were college students and we were talking about school and everything. Anyway, we were talking about camp and then we were talking about how it was a Christian camp and he was like, "Oh, you're Christians?" And I was like, "Yeah." And he said, "Oh, I'm a Christian too!" Then he said, "I go to 'Victory' church? Do you know it?" One of the translators from Lori and Amberly's English club goes there. Anyway he was talking about his pastor and how much he liked him and all this stuff and it was just really cool. So anyway, he asked if maybe we could hang out and give him English lessons and he could give us Russian lessons and I thought that would be really fun. And it's pretty convenient because Pasha and Veronica both go to that university and it's not that far away.

Well, arrivederci peoples! I'll try to write more soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't miss next week when Calyn, Lori, and Amberly go in the out side of a REVOLVING DOOR!!!!