Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's the Moment You've All Been Waiting For...

Pictures from Poland!

Before we get there, I would just like to say that oyster-bomb scares at the Tallahassee Airport are unacceptable on the day Jenna needs to leave to come to Ukraine. For those of you who haven't heard this story, Sappy tells it best. Here is his detailed report to me this morning:

hey! jenna got out GREAT! So, like there was ALOT of people waiting in the lines because there was the bomb thingy. So what happened (the bomb thingy) was there was a food reporter and she was doing a report thing and she had honey and oysters in a bag along with her camera stuff and they thought she was making a bomb in the oysters so they evacuated the building. and that was only half of the hold up. the other part was that there was a HUGE line outside the airport to park. so my dad and i were going and i saw the accident and i yelled "its diane!!!" because, like, diane ashburn got in the accident because someone in front of her slammed on brakes so she ran into him or her and he, like, messed up her front end so ya that was the hold up. And so then jenna's mom went to the front desk to ask the lady a question and for some reason she let us skip 25 people and go to the front of the line. then we did that and went to security...another long line. but it wasnt too long and luckily the flight was delayed an hour because of the honey n' oysters. But, like, mr. paul and mrs. lisa were like, "o my gosh i cant believe she made it" and all and if she hadn't cut in the line she wouldn not have. so hopefully she will not get any more delays!!

Unfortunately, Jenna was delayed a little more...We were supposed to pick up the summer staff at the airport at 10:30, but their direct flight from New York to Kyiv somehow ended up in Milan. Explain that one. Maybe they can catch a soccer game. Anyway, they should be here soon.

Now, Poland pictures!

Okay, well, the place I uploaded my pictures is being dumb, so if you just go to this link they will be there.

Sorry about that...

Here's a couple, though.



My name!



Flowers!



Lori and a fish!



Me and Lori



Dennis took us to the train station. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sappy should be a newscaster or columnist

Anonymous said...

I am coming to Ukraine! I will have to tell the Amazing story!

OMH said...

Lori and the Fish is a classic! (I thought it was one of the twins at first glance!)

So where can I get a Tea Pot like that? It's AWESOME!

Loved the small world couple at the church - it such a God thing.

Been praying for you and the group in Ukraine - even if I haven't been around as much as usual.

Anonymous said...

I miss Calyn like oober goober alot!!!! I'm going to be at Camp Charis this week, then at PC Beach, THEN I'm going BACK to camp fo' Teen Week, THEN I might be going back to camp to work.
So...I was at Wal*Mart yesterday and thought of you and Lerah (And Diane). I saw those hair clips you got Lerah and I thought "Calyn!!!"
Glad you are having good ol' time!!
See ya later alligator!
Love ya,
Melinda