Friday, June 30, 2006

"Calyn is not yet dead"

I've been humming Ukraine's national anthem ("Ukraine is not yet dead," uplifting title, huh?) all morning and I figured I should let you all know that I too am not yet dead. My email at camp just started working again the day before yesterday so I am very sorry to you all for not responding to your emails yet. I will try my best to write you all back as soon as I can, but know that they are sooooo appreciated and they really make my day.

Let me just say CAMP IS AMAZING. This first camp was about the coolest thing EVER. The south carolina team left this morning from the airport and I don't think I've ever cried before when a team left, but that one I for sure did. They were an absolutely awesome team and we had such a great time together.

I wanted to share some pictures, but I dont' know if they will work or not...

Me and Leo, one of our translators, got to introduce a kid named Denis to Jesus this week. Please pray for him. He has an amazing youth pastor and that is good, but he really needs your prayers. This is him.





This is Lena. She was one of my campers last year and she is so sweet.





This is Madison and we're travel buddies!!! I love Madison so much and she's staying for camp 2! Heck yes!!!



This is Sasha and I swear she speaks english better than me. She's from New Life church and I'm pumped because I get to see her in the fall.



This is Alosha and he's a leader from New Life. Him and Carli are BFF. :0) He says "Hi," Carli. I get to hang out with him too. Yeeesssss.



This is me, Shleb, and some of our campers. Sasha is the one between me and Shleb and she really needs your prayers too.

This week of camp was just awesome and I am so excited about the second one starting tomorrow.

By the way...WORLD CUP FEVER, like all the way. It is so incredible to be in Ukraine while they're playing in the world cup. When Ukraine played last week and they won in overtime, the entire camp was screaming the national anthem and everyone was painting themselves blue and yellow and grabbing flags and it was just awesome. Tonight's another game, so I'm pumped about that.

Love you guys so much!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey! I am glad you are having fun! I miss you and Tally just isnt the same. I just got your e-mail and am going to pray everynight for the girl who has to go home to the muslum family. I love you!
Bekah

Anonymous said...

Hey
so i decided next time you update your blog you have to have a picture of jenna on it so yeah tell her im going to email her and to email me.

Love,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey lady!!!
I talked to Lori and she told me about all the insanity...
I'm praying for you! You know he will work everything out amazingly so that all the glory goes to Him! Love ya! Keep a cheerful spirit!
~Arielle~

Anonymous said...

Calyn I miss you! I e-mailed you, but it came back to me and I deleated it. So, I will write you again! When I was looking ast those pictures all I was thinking was wow Calyn is one of the most beautiful people inside and out! I love you sista and I miss you tons!