Friday, March 24, 2006

6349.8031465550174172038778087342

I need someone to explain something to me. How is it that I sleep on the top bunk of my bed and place my alarm very close to the floor and in the morning I can wake up from my bottom bunk an hour past my alarm? Maybe I should get an alarm that has a code to turn it off. You know, something complicated. It could ask me "What's the square root of 63 multiplied by the GDP of Sierra Leone?" or something like that to turn it off. Then not only would I be awake in the morning, I would be better educated. Or perhaps I should just go to bed before 3 a.m. That would probably solve a lot of problems, but then, that would be far too easy.

Envision this in your head: Monkeys on rollerskates in the sky. Yes, this is what Kleenex has decided makes a good cover for their tissue box. There's also a hologram on the front. Don't get me wrong. This is the most amazing tissue box I've ever seen. It's sitting on my dresser. It's been there for a while, but it has captured my attention again. The question is, what was the guy thinking that came up with that?
I can see them in the drawing room now. It's time for the new fall boxes.

Simon: Alright, men, winter's coming. What have you got for our new fall lineup?
Bob: Well, Simon, I was thinking we could go with a living room scene. You know, a nice, welcoming hearth with a warm fire blazing. A dog laying on a rug in the corner.
Simon: Good, Bob. I like that thinking. It's original.
Tyler: Simon, I thought we could do a group of kids building a snowman. You know, scarves wrapped around their little round faces. A couple of 'em throwing snowballs at each other. A mom rubbing the nose of one with a soft Kleenex.
Simon: Good thinking. What about you, Ted?
Ted: Well, I was thinking we could go with something a little bit different this year. How about monkeys on rollerskates?
Simon: What?
Ted: In the sky.
Simon: Genius. Just genius. Add a hologram and it'll be golden.

So you see, that is how my tissue box came to be.
I went and saw Memoirs of a Geisha tonight at the dollar theatre with some friends from school. It was really good. I figured I'd like it, I just hadn't gotten the chance to go see it. Ziyi Zhang is gorgeous. I think Asian people are so beautiful. (Except for sumo wrestlers. I think they are ugly. But E. Honda was always my favorite person Street Fighter and he was a sumo wrestler. He was still ugly, though.) Their eyes are amazing. I want an kimono. But I don't have an excuse to wear one. Dang it. That's depressing. I'm going to bed.
By the way, the title is the square root of 63 multiplied by the per person GDP of Sierra Leone. Arrivederci!

No comments: