Friday, March 17, 2006

Shhhh, don't tell Todd

Tonight after Russian lit I ran into Seth Wright which was cool because I never see him. Actually, I don't ever see Northwoods people on campus. It's kind of sad, really. You're there, I know you are, I just never see you. I think I may be partially invisible, though. I'm always smiling people on campus that I recognize but quite often all I get back are blank stares. But anyway, Seth stood in line with me in the Union to go to a presentation by someone I can't name or Todd will make fun of me. I'll give you a hint, though. She's a regular guest on current event programs usually aired by a network named after a small, brown woodland creature. She's written a couple New York Times best-sellers and loves to make fun of Ted Kennedy, Jimmy Carter and Alan Colmes. She's also really funny. But that's all I can give you or Todd may figure it out.
Seth wasn't going; he was heading home, but I was happy to find a long line and a very crowded union ball room. Apparently there are republicans on FSU campus. Who would've known? Of course, they may have been secret spies sent by the College Democrats, but I'd like to think they weren't. Besides, they clapped a lot.
Dad came, and afterwards we went to Ruby Tuesday's and they have the best freakin' salad bar in the world. They have both kinds of olives. That means it's good. The ones with only black olives- they're okay. The ones with green olives- they care slightly more. But the ones with both- those are the ones that are exceptional. That's right.
I then proceeded to drop off a birthday present to my friend John. He lives right off campus and bats have invaded his apartment. Not like, baseball ones. Like, the small-flying-rabies-infested-vampire-creature ones. Phyllis has been successfully dethroned from her place in the sink and Charlie was recently de-curtained by a butterfly net of a neighbor biology major. I even saw pictures of Charlie. He was kind of cute...in a weird, eerie, vampiric way. John will be moving shortly, however. He's not all about the little guys being in his pipes.



This is the picture John took of Phyllis.

I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday. This has been an eternally long week. Happy early St. Patrick's Day!!! Don't forget to wear green. (I love St. Patrick. He is awesome.) Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Todd G Sapp said...

Shhh, don't tell Calyn but actually I think when your almost 21 being interested in politics is probably a good thing. But when Calyn was 12 and listening to Rush Limbaugh more than FM radio and watching Fox news more than Nickleodean you have to admit it was...unique.