Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Gotta, gotta, gotta find a way to jump over the moon...

Today was a good day. I don't really know why. It just was.
You know all those times when you think things are going to be in order, or it will only take an hour, or that book will be there, or the car will start, or it won't rain, but then it does? Well, today was not one of those times. Plus it was absolutely beautiful outside.
I went to hip-hop aerobics again. Let the laughing begin. I'm serious, if you ever need a good laugh just come to hip-hop aerobics with me. But don't participate. No. Just sit in the back and watch me. I am the epitome of "white girl who can't dance." I'm the one people laugh and point at. There is no inner-Beyonce in here.
As in most exercise rooms, there are mirrors all around. I try to get behind someone who is halfway decent so that I can watch them and try to copy them. So while I'm watching them I'm not observing the freak in the mirror, also known as my reflection. Occasionally I will begin to think that I'm finally getting the hang of it. You know, I'll try to move like the person in front of me. And then I'll take a glance at the mirror. It all falls apart at that point. Imagine Jerome Bettis doing ballet. That is probably a good comparison for me and hip-hop aerobics. But I try to give myself an "E" for effort and enjoy it.
Anyway, I think I may go to bed early tonight. I know, I know. Nonsense, you say. You are probably right. And besides, this has been such a great day. Why end it now? Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Jenshka said...

I'm sad that I couldn't go with you. I've been wanting to go lately.

Jim said...

I'm glad you had such a good day. If anyone deserves a good day, it's you. Wishing you many more.