Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Meh

"Meh".
From the Kenley/Gaby/Justin Dictionary of Eloquence.
Meh (also Beh)
interj., slang, adj.
1. an expression of rejection or strong distgust; a negative response.
2. an exclamation of dismay, exasperation, doubt, or disbelief (or anything else you would like to use it for).
ex. When told there was garlic on her mashed potatoes, Calyn replied, "Meh."

From the Old English word "Mihe" meaning, "that sucks", "you've got to be kidding me", or "I'm not down wit' dis". Such as, a response to the question "Do you like my mom's potato salad?" "Mihe".


That one word describes how I feel about school right now. Say it with me, "Meh". (Jenna, I realize the quotations are supposed to go on the outside of the punctuation, and I know it's gonna drive you nuts, but it just looks stupid. I'm rewriting grammar rules right now as we speak.) School is just overrated. I mean, seriously, I'm probably only gonna remember about 2.4735704% of what I learn in school anyway, so what's the point? I have much better things to do with my time, like, go to taco bell with James, hang out with Mrs. Karen at northwoods, write Lori emails, plan road trips with Carli, you know, important things. Speaking of important things, FSU plays Miami on Monday night football next week, and we need to have a party. Parties are good. Much better than school. (Again, Jenna, "much better than school" is not a complete sentence. But it is my complete thought. Just thought I'd let you know. Don't stress yourself out.)
Okay, well, I'm going to bed now because I decided, like, a week ago that I would try to go to bed before 1 every night, but I've only suceeded... well, actually, I haven't suceeded at all, but, like Benjamin Franklin said, "If at first you don't suceed, just don't tell anybody you tried and destroy all the evidence." Or maybe that was sombody else. You know that's really not all that encouraging.
Here's one more last one for you: "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you." I don't know who said that, but they were very wise.
Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Gabby, Justin, and Kenley! I am sorry that is how you feel about school. I am actually liking school right now. It's hard, but it's good. However I am learning about Bible things so it's more interesting.

Yes.. we very much need to have dinner with Gabby soon... she really misses all of us!
Love you Calyn!

Jenshka said...

I have been using "meh" a lot lately and I actually almost typed it in a post the other day, but I didn't know how to spell it and I knew no one but you would get it. And by the way, I completely understand your semi-bad grammar. I mean, I just started a sentence with "and," but I think I'm gonna forgive myself. Heck, it's only a blog, right? It's not like you're writing the Constitution or anything. I forgive you. Good luck on rewriting those grammar laws.