Monday, August 22, 2005

The Spice of Life

I am definitely without creative energy tonight... Maybe it's because I'm listening to really boring music and everyone's in bed at my house. I need to spice things up. Hmmm, spice. That's an idea. That reminds me of some of my friends.



Lori is like Cinnamon Sugar. She's really sweet, but not so much like sugar, because cinnamon is better than sugar, because it's not just sweet. There's substance to it. And it blends in well with other foods.



James is kinda like nutmeg. Cause, well, he's a little nutty. And nutmeg is highly fashionable. I mean, what does nutmeg go in? Eggnog. I have no idea what else it's for. And they always serve eggnog at nice Christmas parties and stuff. So, James is like nutmeg.



Tamara reminds me of Paprika. For no reason other than we call her Tamarika and that sounds a lot like paprika. Okay, well, maybe not a lot, but as soon as I saw paprika I thought of Tamara.



Todd reminds me of Jamaican curry powder. One, because he's been to Jamaica, (Rasta Todd!) and also because he likes spicy stuff. Like tabasco sauce. yuck. And all those sauces at Firehouse subs. I used to wonder who ate those, cause there's like, a gazillion of them. Apparently Todd does.



Nicole reminds me of this steak seasoning that my mom buys. It's so good. it's really colorful and flavorful.. And that reminded me of Nicole. :0)



Jenshka reminds me of thyme. Because "thyme" sounds like "time" and Jenna is always late. I really couldn't tell you what thyme tastes like. All I know is it's in the Simon and Garfunkel song "Scarbourough Fair". "Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme..."



I can think of some people who remind me of garlic salt... but I won't name any names...

I could name some more friends, but I can't find anymore spices. My Dad and I don't like garlic, so that kinda limits your season salts and stuff. They all have garlic. Yuck! I'd rather eat soap. Maybe I'm part vampire.
Well, apparently Sanctus Real did the trick, because now I'm really wired.

Oh, happy news! Donnie Davis called me today and said that he'd like to support Lori every month. That made my day.

For those of you whose Sunday school classes me, Trisha and Jenna did not visit Sunday, if you'd like to help support Lori while she's in Ukraine that would be so awesome! She needs about $700 a month for an apartment and everything. So, it comes out to about $25 a day. So, I have this giant calendar with pictures and cool marker colors and stuff and you can sign up to support her for a day. I'm trying to get people to commit to a day every month, but if you can't do that, then that's okay. Please email or call me if you're interested or if you want more info. :0)

Alright, well, I'm gonna try to go to bed. I'm putting my boring music back on. I think I'm gonna drink some tea. And read. I haven't read a good book in forever...
Arrivederci!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Nice that was funny...

Tamara said...

YOu know... Alec calls me Paprika, maybe that's why you think of me ;-) I love you so much Calyn! I miss you :)

Jenshka said...

Oh my gosh! We definitely sang the song "Scarborough Fair" in Melodears last year. Weird...

Ruthie said...

Wow sad day man, I diden't make it on your top 5 spices list...I'm hurt man, you cut me real deep. he he he j/m Maybe it's because I don't blogg enaugh! I love u girl, look forward to seeing you Fri