Thursday, August 18, 2005

You Say "Potato", I Say "BONSAI!"

With my Zen Garden safely reclining on my dresser, my feng shei has been relatively balenced as of late. However, one can never have too much Zen, as I always say. Actually... I never say that and I just have a zen garden because they're freakin' awesome, but if zen means I get to play with rocks and seashells and rakes and sand all from the convenience of my room, by all means, Sensei, give me zen. You can imagine my utter delight when my mom introduced me to a new form of zen- the Bonsai Potato.


I'm pretty sure that's the Sponge Bob Square Pants font, wouldn't you say? This is what they say about their potato:


Our Bonsai Potato takes 4 to 6 weeks to grow, versus a lifetime for a traditional bonsai tree-and the potato does all the work, since it requires no sun, water, or fertilizer. This tongue-in-cheek kit is a humorous poke at Western culture's desire for inner peace and tranquility coupled with our hunger for instant gratification and chronic lack of time. Now, at least a semblance of inner harmony can be achieved in a fraction of the time it takes to nurture a real bonsai. Potato not included.

I'm pretty pumped about this. I think I'm going to send one to Lori. I don't think we had much luck with Kenley's bonsai. Whatever happened to that thing, anyway? Maybe it's best I don't know. Anyway, "Innerpeace to you all- and to all a good night!" - Zen Santa
Arrivederci!

5 comments:

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

HA! I am yet again the first to comment!! That means whenever people read your blog, they will read my comments first. oh joyous day!

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

OK! one more comment! Why am i not in a single picture of the food party at your house?!?!? My brother is even in them! AND I BROUGHT HIM!!!!! I'm scarred calyn dear, slain inside.

Anonymous said...

I love you Calyn...your blog cracks me up!

Jenshka said...

"I wont that!"

Anonymous said...

I wont that too...