Saturday, August 27, 2005

We like to move it, move it

So, one of the best afternoons ever. The Collinsworths are having 3 Russian orphans stay with them for 3 weeks and so Mrs. Toma asked if I wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese (for those of you who don't live here, that's this kid's place with an arcade and a playground and pizza and stuff) and hang out with her and the boys. Their names are Yura (he's 9), Maxim (he's 8), and Oleg (he's 4). They were so awesome!
It's at times like this I'm reminded of how bad my Russian really is, but it was still fun to try to talk to them and play translator for a little bit. They didn't speak any English except for "no", "yes" and "windshield wipers" (oddly enough, Mrs. Toma had taught them that and they had remembered...), so that was fun.
After that, we went to the 50-cent theater and saw Madagascar, which I think they liked. I sat with Maxim, because there weren't enough seats and we had to split up, but he was laughing and stuff, so that was good. I hadn't seen Madagascar in English yet, so some things got cleared up in my second viewing of it. (However, "we like to move it, move it" was still the same.) I still don't understand how Ben Stiller can play a character and it not be funny at all. I mean, it's Ben Stiller. But he was not funny.
So, I had a great time with them and they'll be at church tomorrow, so I get to see them again. And I fully plan on hanging out with them more next week. If anybody's interested in adopting 3 little Russian boys, call Mrs. Toma. (Preferably be from Tallahassee, so I can still play with them. :0)
Arrivederci!

No comments: