Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hey everybody! I'm here in the Radooga office at 8:34 p.m. and we're
having a great time. Well, actually, we're all just sitting here
about to fall asleep, but if I told you that you'd think I was really
boring. So I won't. I'm reciting my colors to Roma right now. He's
trying to teach me Russian, but I think I'm failing miserably. I
learned how to say some slang today. Fooflo is "bad stuff", but it's
slang, so it's cool.
So, there's no hot water in the camp except that Lori got a hot shower
today. Go figure. Right after I got out, of course. That's where
baby wipes come in quite handy. It's like 60ish degrees in the
afternoon and it's coldish at night. I can see my breath. that's
very awesome.
Okay, we had a break there to discuss the meaning of the word "bug".
Apparently in Russian the word "bug" (zhook) only refers to creepy
crawly things like roaches and anything that looks likes a beetles.
roma was freaking out because we call butterflies and
dragonflies and mosquitoes "bugs". This is not okay in Russian. But
we've convinced him that bug can be used for anything. Okay, well, I'm
going to go sing with Sergey now.
Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you explain to them that a bug can also be a weird shaped car?Love you and miss you, Mrs Rachel