Monday, June 20, 2005

Privyet Vsyem! I hope you all are having an absolutely wonderful
week. I can't believe that camp one is almost over. It's so weird.
This is going to go by so fast... Sad day. Tonight (well, at 12:00,
lunch time today for all you EST zone people) we're going to have
repentence night at camp. I'm so excited. Oleg, our speaker (not the
Oleg I always talk about, but one of the many other olegs) is so
awesome and the kids like him a lot. So be praying for that. This
camp has been a lot different than the otherones I've been to because
the majority of the kids at this camp are from orphanages all over
Ukraine, so it's definitely different dynamics. I mean, they actually
go to bed at lights out. Weird. The first night of camp I walked
into me and Lori's room and I was talking to Amberly, and it was
11:28, two minutes before lights out, and one of the youth pastors
came out of their room and asked us to be quiet because all of their
kids were sleeping. We were shocked. Late night doesn't get over til
11:00 anyway, so they're fast little guys. they're kinda quiet and so
well behaved. I think we're gonna be in for a nice wake-up call next
week.
Fortunately, so as not to get bored, not all the groups strictly obey
the rules. Last night, Dima, who's a youth pastor on our floor asked
if me and Cliff and Jake and some of the other Americans wanted to
come hang out with him and his counselors in our lobby after lights
out. Party?, heck yes. so, we busted out the peanut butter, gummy
worms and chips, and Dima and his gang brought cookies, apricot jelly,
bread, and, wait for it, get ready, okay, HORSE salami-type stuff.
You know what was scary? It was good. So, I am now a new fan of
eating horse. Okay, well, maybe not on a regular basis, but at least
I can say I've had it. Dima and his couselors were soooo funny. And
andrey, one of the guys, didn't speak any english except for the words,
"chicken" and "very good". And he liked to use the english he knew,
so he found very creative ways to put those two phrases into
sentences. We decided to play a game of "Mafia" so we all sat down on
the floor and passed out the cards. I defnitely was NOT mafia. I was
just an innocent civilian. But when it came time to pick the mafia
person Andrey said, "It's definitely Calyn, it's Calyn." And I was
like, "why me?" and he said, "Because she's always smiling." I tried
to explain that I'm always smiling, but he would hear none of it. He
just said, "это не "very good", это не "very good". ("это не" means,
"it's not", )So, they killed me and I was just an innocent civilian.
But next they killed Andrey, who was also just a civilian, so we made
a pact after that. we totally knew who it was after that, but we
couldn't say anything. Oh well.
Anyway, by the end of our party we were being so obnoxiously loud that
we had to go to bed. But it was a great party. I think we'r ehaving
another one tonight. :0) Me and andrey have to win Mafia.
Well, I'm gonna go now and teach the fruits of the spirit song to
Ben's English class.
Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaahyeeeahhhh!! I just wanted to say that. That, there, it's done! Oh, emailed ya :D Sweet!!
Jester