Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Camp 2!

Camp 2 was definitely one of my favorites. We only had 6 people on our American team, so I got to teach a pre-beginner English class and it was so much fun.



Me, Tyoma and Jake



Derek was so much fun! D-Core!



Justin and Nekita at the fountain at Independence Square



Oleg and his son, Yan.



Playing steal the bacon in English class.



Yura and Dima were definitely the two best players out there



My class played Jake and Carli's class. I'm not sure who won, but it was really fun.



Me and Big Yura.



My English class when Brian and Jessica came to visit. They were from team 3 and were learning about english classes.



Jessica, Masha, Lena, Sveta, me, Olya, Nadia, Dima, Yura, Yura, Brian, Yuraslav, Natasha, and Sergey



Me and Lena.



Kids praying to receive Christ during repentence night.



Me and my translator, Natasha. Natasha wasn't a Christian when she came to camp, but she accepted Christ later that week. It was incredible. She came back to visit periodically that summer just to see us.



This is the poster that Lori and Skeef's advanced class made them. It's hanging on Lori's wall. It's so awesome.



Me and Yura. He was probably my favorite. :0) I love him.



Sergey doing the camp dance. That was one of my favorite things to do at camp. It was so much fun.



Worship! Singing "Let Everything that Has Breath" in Russian. Derek, I want you to know that your Russlish version of that song is still being sung by the staff. "pu so so dicit"!



Oleg M. took the Administrative team bowling and it was soooo much fun. I hadn't gone bowling in like, 7 years, but it was still great. And on the way there we got to ride in a rollercoaster! Oleg drove the van around the cul-da-sac really, really fast and we went flying all over the van. It was awesome! This is Masha, me and Olya in the back seat.



We had a party the night before Olya left to hang out complete with chocoalte, dancing and translating.



Carli, Amberly and Olya



me, Lori and Veronica. It was late....



Zhenya, Tyoma and Tanya. Zhenya and Tanya are twins (obviously) and they were in Lori and Skeef's English class. They speak better English than both Americans and are absolutely hillarious. Their favorite phrases are "Hey, ya'll guys..." and "You're killin' me, Smalls!" We sang Newsboys songs together and took crazy pictures all week.



Anton came to visit one day! He walked up to me and said, "I'm looking for a kharoshee yozhek..." :0)



Me and Syoma



Justin and Derek lookin' hot in their sunglasses.



Anton, me, Lori and Daniel



Me and Sergey



me and the girlies from Odessa. I got to see them when we went to Odessa for the day.



Me and guys from my English class, Dima, Yura and Yura.



Me and Yura again



Me and Derek at 5:00 in the morning before they left. Gotta love Derek's hat. :0)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GREAT PHOTOS!! Welcome back...