Sunday, July 03, 2005


It's only July 3rd, but I'm thinking this probably won't
get sent til July 4th, so I'm wishing you a happy July 4th anyway.
Most of ya'll will probably be helping out with the thing at
Northwoods. I'm sure it will be awesome. We're probably gonna do
some silly late-night thing reenacting the war between the british and
the americans. It should be exciting. (memories, Lauren... :0)
This camp is going pretty good. 80% of the students here aren't
Christians, so it's definitely a different type of crowd. But I'm
excited about it. I mean, what would happen if 80% of the people we
took to Student life camp weren't Christians? (Okay, so we'd probably
more people home than we did last year...but, hey) Wouldn't that be
awesome? There's one youth pastor here who brought 32 kids with her
and not one of them is a christian. I'm so pumped.
Hey, Lauren! Guess what? Doctor Dima is back! He waltzes in the
office and is like, "Hey you. You look familiar." And then just
walks away. It was awesome. He's his same, sarcastic self.
Lori and Jake and Roma went to church this morning at New LIfe, which is this
really awesome church in Kyiv, so I'm kinda jealous of them, but me
and Carli and Amberly are gonna try to go next sunday. A lot of the
campers from the past camp go there and it's a really cool church.
And they're going to the store afterwards and Lori's buying me a new
towel because mine got stolen out of the bathroom. Go figure. And
it's my pretty pink and yellow and blue striped one. Sad day. But
now I will have a cool Ukrainian towel, which will be cool. I'm sure
Lori and Jake will find a good one. Well, I'm gonna go now. I hope
ya'll are having a GREAT day! Sarah's always making fun of me and
saying I'm obsessed with the 4th of July, so I thought I should at
least tell you all Happy Independence Day! We've been watching "the
patriot" during orientation because it's about freedom and the theme
of camp is "free flight" so I've had my fill of patriotic stuff. Love
ya guys!
Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Calyn, Enjoyed your chit chat. And I think that your learning Russian, Italian, etc. is great but I think you should concentrate on English when you get back. Particularly English Grammar. Me and Joan don't got no peace talking to your face at Northwoods bout yo grammar.

BTW the "thing" at Northwoods yesterday was O. K. but we left before the concert started. The sound system was 34,000 watts of garbled steel and a little girl voice. Absolutely could not understand one word. Sounded like heavy metal to me. Don't know what's Christian except for the "noise" and it wasn't joyful either.

Talked to Mr. Robbin today and he said the same thing. That young girl appealed to just a certain age group of followers. Fobbin is going to suggest we get someone next year that will appeal to all ages. I.E., someone that can be understood and that will sing a variety of songs....like Willie Nelson....Right On Robbin..

Hope to read more about your days and your witnessing. You don't have to write about everything that happened....just pick out one good example and be detailed.

I will try to check on you evry day and remind Joan to pray for all you guys too.

Love in Jesus, Mr. Jim (to you)