Thursday, July 21, 2005

Privyet Everyone!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long. My email still isn't working, so
I've been using Lori's, but I think it might be working now
Camp 5 started yesterday and I have a feeling it's
going to be a really great camp. The team is awesome. There's Todd,
Tamara, Nicole, Jenna and Diane, of course, and then there's 21 people
from Charleston and one guy from Birmingham. They're so excited
about the kids, which is really cool. Be praying on Friday around
12:30-1:30 p.m. EST because that's repentence night and we could
really use your prayers. I'm telling you now because it seems like
whenever I remember to tell you guys when repentence night is they
don't send the email for a like, a week. so mark your calendars. :0)
Oh, speaking of calendars, you know how I always say my name's "like
calendar without the -dar?", well, Allen, a guy who was here last week
gave me an easier idea. My name's just Allen with a "C". But I kinda
like "calendar without the dar" better. We'll see. Maybe Jake, Lori
and I will conduct some experiments this week.
Last night was Taylor's last night here, so we decided to do one more
interview for you all.

Jake: Just start typing.
Taylor: The vintage 21. There's this thing called Vintage 21, right.
Okay, guys...
Jake: Oh my gosh. My ear just popped! I was just laughing and...
Jake: It's a website. Vintage 21. Its' a website. Vintage21.com.
I said .com in the first place. Yes. So, it's Jesus, it's one of
those old Jesus movies with overdubbing.
Carli: Oh no.
Jake: And He (jesus) walks up to all the people, like the Sermon on
the MOunt and he says: "So many sinners..." but in a cheesy
voice, It's a christian website but it shows people's skewed versions
of Jesus. Like, what non-Christians think about Jesus.
So like I said, Jesus says, "So many sinners. There is no hope..." in
the cheesy/gay voice. Okay, so it's time for a change of subject.
Okay, so there was this one time when I was in California...
Taylor: Okay, Jake, I'm going to bed.
Carli: Good ngiht, Tay-Tay.
Jake: Fine, just go.
Taylor: I have to go.
Jake: NO, it's fine. Just go.
Taylor: Hey, I think I broke my pinky.
Jake: It looks like a normal pinky to me.
Taylor: I think I broke it like, last year, but then I banged it on
the table today.
Jake: Aren't you going to bed?
Taylor: Maybe I don't wanna
Jake: Carli wants you to go to bed cause she's the Rule Nazi.
Carli: Goodnight.
Jake: What were we talking about before Calyn came in here? Oh, tell
everyone this. Okay, read David Crowder's book, "Praise Habit". It's
so good, it's so funny and it's so good. That's 3 things: good,
funny and good. Can you say "good squared"? Can you just say it with
your mouth?
Calyn: Good squared.
Jake: Thank you. Yes, you need to read that book.
Taylor: Good night everybody.
*Looking longingly at the staircase and the first story far below.*
Taylor: Do you think I could jump that?
Lori/Carli/Calyn: NO!
Jake: YES!
Taylor: I just wanna try it.
Lori: Who's going to the hospital with you when you kill yourself?
Jake: DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
Lori: Good night, Taylor.
*Taylor descends the staircase (on foot)*
Jake: Uh, I'm stuck with girls again.

Okay, well, there's the legacy of Taylor. He's going to bed. At
least he didn't jump down the staircase. That's a plus. I hope
ya'll have a great day. Arrivederci!

No comments: