Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pictures!!!

Hey, I'll kinda be doing this in shifts, but I wanted to put pictures on my blog, both for all of you so that you could see pictures of the trip, and for myself to serve as a short of journal so I wouldn't have to scrapbook everything. (It would take forever, cost money, and I really don't have that much patience to scrapbook all of this. I love blogs.)
So, here's camp 1!




Carli and Jake



Skiffy!



Me and Carli in the van



It's Lena! She's so beautiful!



It's me!



The original Mafia party!



How was I the only one who knew the Mafia was Andrey? I mean, come on, he looks guilty. This is Dima, Andrey and Tanya. They are pretty much the coolest people ever. Except that Andrey convinced everyone that I was the mafia, when really I was just an innocent civilian. Whatever, Andrey. :0)



Vita, me, Jake, Veronica, Lena, Justin and Braylon at the Arch in Kyiv. Each week we took the team of new Americans on a scavenger hunt in Kyiv.



Me and Vita at the Opera House



Skeef, me, Katie and Ben at the Orange Revolution "Museum". Needless to say, we didn't pay the 5 hryevnas to get in...



Team 1 in Kyiv



The translators from Team 1. Denis, Vita, Katya, Ina, Anya and Valya. Denis and Vita stayed all summer and they were awesome.



Ben, me, Skeef and Katie at Indepence Square during our scavenger hunt. We were demonstrating being "Free to Fly"



Lori and Roma



Josh and Robert. They were from Pensacola, from Mark's church.





Recreation!



Taras is one of the kids from the orphanage behind our camp. I met him last year and when I got to camp this year, he was here. That was pretty cool.



Olya, Ira, Veronica and Oleg



Me, Jake, Roma, Tyoma, Veronica and Ira



Mark and one of the kids from the orphanage. Mark and Jenn are getting ready to adopt kids from Ukraine. I'm so excited for them. :0)



Me and one of the boys from the orphanage.



Rec



Spirit stick! Fortunately, there was spirit in the stick on this day.



Amberly, me, Vita, Anya, and Masha.



Rasta Roma!



Denis and Carli announcing the team of the week



Vera, Tanya and I. Vera is the girl I wrote about earlier who is deaf. And Tanya is one of her counselors. They were so awesome!



Eduardo and I. Eduardo's father was from Columbia and he lived there for a while, so he spoke Spanish. It was fun talking to him, because when I didn't understand something in Russian, he'd try it in Spanish and I could usually catch most of what he said between the two. :0)



Josh looking oh-so-excited at his computer... He made the videos of the day for Party Zone. He did a great job.



Daniel was one of the kids I hung out with a lot from Camp 1. He was so sweet and he helped me practice my Russian.



Dan, one of the youth pastors that came from Team 1 decided to lip-synch to Toby Mac for Party Zone. It was hillarious.



English Class



Braylon, Anya and Justin



Tyoma, Lori, me, Vita and Roma

1 comment:

Aaron B said...

Yaaaaaaaeeeeehhhhhh!!! Looks like you peoples had fun! And sweet pictures!!!!