Sunday, July 03, 2005

Hey everybody! Camp 3 officially started today! I'm up here in the
American office drinking a Coke Light (much better than diet coke. I
think you will like it, Todd.)
So, most of you know that I'm a big fan of hedgehogs. I mean, Sonic
is my favorite video game and the name of my blog is karoshee yoshek
(which is pretty hedgehog in russian for those of you who don't know).
Well, last night I wasn't feeling so great, so I went to bed at 9:00.
and at about 11:30, I hear a knock on my door and it's Lori and Jake
and they said, "Hey Calyn, we've got a yoshek." I replied
"eeeeehhhhhh" because I was half asleep and I was kinda thinking they
meant it was like a mole or something. It didn't really register what
a hedgehog was. Then Jake was like, "I have it right here" and I was
like, "Is it nice?" And they brought it in my room. Now I will
interview Jake about Herman:

Calyn: so, Jake, how did you find Herman?
Jake: He was just chillin' in the courtyard next to the steps. I
dunno.
Calyn: Wow, what did he look like? It was kinda dark in my room last
night.
Jake: well, at first I was kinda scared because I was kicked by a
horse yesterday. (see Lori's blog for details.
beautifullfeet@blogspot.com) i wasn't too happy
with nature. So, I bent down and picked him up. And he was really
nice. And he has a very soft belly. But he had the hiccups last
night, so when he hiccuped, he kinda poked me.
Calyn: How do you think hedgehogs get hiccups?
Jake: Well, considering this is a huge hedgehog and he's probably
from Chernobyl (west side of course) he probably had the hiccups from
some radioactive ooze that he ate in the sewer.
Lori: So what you're telling me is that the hedgehog was radioactive,
much like calyn was when she came to Ukraine last year.
Jake: Yes, that is what I'm telling you. Wait, yes.
Calyn: So, how did he get the name Herman?
Jake: It starts with an "H". How do you think? No, actually, my
great-great grandfather was a soldier in Ukraine and his name was
Hughbert Herman Hoffleman.
Calyn: closing question. So do you have a new perspective on nature
now that you've met the nice hedgehog after being kicked by the
demon-possessed horse at Peregova?
Jake: Actually, it was satan-possessed, not just demon-possessed.
But yes, I do have a new perspective. The animals that look nice are
really mean, and the animals that look mean are really nice. and
radio-active hedgehogs have hiccups.

Arrivadercci (this is lori, if that's spelled wrong...Calyn had a
meeting to be at, so I finished up for her)

hey, well, this still is in my inbox, so it hasn't been sent yet, and
so I'm going to spell arrivederci correctly. (valient effort, Lori.)
It's 12:30. I'm going back to my room now. Hopefully the movie's
over. Lori, Carli and Jake are watching "What about bob?". that's
such an awesome movie.

Arrivederci!

No comments: