Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Vegetables

Me and Lori just got back from the Harbor House on Highway 98. It was way good. I really, really like scallops, but sometimes Crystal River just doesn't cut it, so we decided that we would drive to the coast and get real seafood. I'm not really sure where we were exactly, I think maybe Sopchoppy, but wherever it was, there was ocean and boats and seafood, and it was good. I got blackened scallops and Lori got fried ones and then we divided them up so we got the best of both worlds. Yum. We decided once again that we would go scalloping the first day of scallop season in August (which we've planned to do the past 4 years and have never done) but this year we're really gonna do it. (Well, maybe... I'll cross my fingers.) Our waitress was, shall we say, interesting. One of my favorite things she said to us was, "We have a lovely vegetable melody this evening." I wanted so badly to tell her the word was medley, but I didn't. I wonder how long she's been saying that. Probably forever. So, I got singing vegetables with my scallops. We listened to my awesome new Jars of Clay CD that Mrs. Cheryl gave me. (Jenshka, I still haven't found it for you, sorry.) OH, and guess what Lori gave me? She got me a Bible that has English on one side and Russian on the other. It's soooo cool. I love it. My Dad brought me home some roses and they are so pretty. And Chris sent me 7 text messages from him and Cam saying happy birthday. I thought he was just being silly, but he said that his phone kept saying "Error" after each one, so he didn't think they were being sent. Oh well. It was fun to have 7 happy birthday messages on my phone anyway. I can't believe I'm 20. That's like, 2 decades. A fifth of a century. Like, 140 in dog years. Geez.
Well, I gotta go do homework. Bah. But I'm going to watch Cheers while I do it. I don't have to wait until 12:30 anymore. I can watch it any time I want- WITHOUT COMMERCIALS. So exciting. I love that show. I've always been kinda partial to it, just because of the theme song. You know, "Where everybody knows your name...". Nobody ever remembers my name, so that's reassuring. Last night in our Russian club meeting (I've been nominated as Vice President by the way, oh joy.) everybody was still calling me Kaylin and it's been a year and a half. When I'm Vice President, that will be my first item of business. Requiring everyone to pronounce my name correctly. Or I'll chop off their heads. I think that's in our constitution somewhere. So Arrivederci, and remember- to make Calyn smile, just say her name correctly. It's really not that difficult.

4 comments:

Jenshka said...

Happy happy birthday, from all of me to you. I wish it was my birthday but I'll still party with you. Happy happy birthday, may all your dreams come true. Happy happy birthday from Jenshka...doo doo doo? I had to rhyme with true so pardon the lame lyrics. It's okay that you didn't run to my house, I understand. I hope you had a great birthday. I'm glad you got to eat scallops and have fun with Lori. Have fun being 20!

Anonymous said...

calyn, you crack me up--like an egg or something...singing vegetables...haha. congratulations on being VP of the russian club, that's really exciting! hope you're havin a good day! paka moi droog! (is that right?)

Anonymous said...

hey again! i saw what you wrote on lori's, so i replied. just lettin ya know it's there!

Anonymous said...

hey calyn...happy birthday...i know, 20 is so old!!! well don't worry, i'll always be older than you (but only by a couple months)

i love that verse too!!! so amazing!

have a great day :)

love, linda