Sunday, April 17, 2005

This is Where the Title Goes

I have so much I am thinking about and would like to write about, but honestly I am so tired right now, I wouldn't be able to do the post justice and it would probably be not-so coherent, so maybe I'll save that for a later day. But can I just say I really enjoyed the missions conference this morning. the music was great, the speaker was awesome- rick arnold who's a missionary in senegal- (you can find more about the organization they work with here ) and overall I just love hearing about missions and all the incredible things people are doing for Jesus. It's so encouraging. The Arnolds have been in Senegal with the soninke people for 14 years and still are waiting to lead the first person from that people group to the Lord. and yet they're still so excited to be there! It's absolutely amazing. They certainly know the meaning of patience. Mr. Arnold was reading Hebrews 11 to us (one of my favorite chapters)and he was talking about how these people were his heroes. I was sitting there thinking to myself, "What are you talking about?" You are a hero or at the very least are certainly no less of one than they were.
I was really encouraged tonight at youth too because Joel Helms talked and I always like hearing what he's up to. Talk about someone who radiates Jesus. It's amazing. As soon as he opens his mouth you're just awestruck. Anyway, I'm gearing up for one more week of classes (praise the Lord!) and then 3 days of exams and I will be done. I don't know if I could make it a day longer. This has definitely been the hardest semester I've had, if not because of the difficulty of the classes but just sheer boredom and so much homework. Much work does not equal much knowledge. I mean, I like learning things, so if I'm going to spend time at school i'd better be learning something because otherwise I really don't see the point. That's okay. Only 10 more days...and counting....

No comments: