Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sleep = Yes, More Sleep = Very Yes, and Ashley Simpson = NO!

Today I woke up and drug myself to class (only one more national government class left....) and we got out a little early, so I came home and was going to take a shower, but decided, "Oh, I'll just lay down for a minute," so I crawled into my warm, comfy, oh-so-inviting bed and closed my eyes and when I opened them *poof* an hour and a half had passed by. Amazing. So I went to Russian class thinking I was going to be very, very late, but it turns out God likes me and there was a parking spot with my name on it right on Dewey street and I did a bang up parallel parking job (bang up as in good, not bang up as in I hit the people in front and behind me, just so you know) because the space was pretty small and I was only 1 minute late to class. Wow, I deserve a round of applause.

So then I came home and I decided that I really needed some more sleep and so I went to bed at 2, thinking I would get up around 3 or so and be productive and do all the retarded homework I have to do before this semester is over (one week from tomorrow! Praise Jesus!), but instead I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing at 6:00! Oy vey. I really didn't mean to do that. I haven't slept that much in, well, a while. I think God knew I needed some sleep. It wasn't exactly the best sleep though because I had all these stressful dreams, like first I was driving my car and I was getting sucked into the mud and I couldn't get out, and then I was driving and the road was tilted and I was about to go over this huge cliff and fall to my death, and then I was sliding down this hill and there were tons of snakes in the water below, like cottonmouths and rattlesnakes and boa constrictors and my dad couldn't help me because his knee's messed up, and they just went on and on. I think I'm a little stressed right now. Regardless, it was nice to feel like I got enough sleep today. It's more than I get most nights, so that was exciting. Plus, now I can work on stuff tonight.
Bible study was great tonight. We went to the Food Court and got some food (I got taco bell, of course.) We read Acts chapter 13 and we discussed a lot of cool stuff. We missed special K, but we love you anyway. :0) Then me and Leah came back to my house and took all these fun quizzes.




You Belong in 1973



1973





I belong in 1973, which is very exciting. 1973 had way better music. On the way back from the mall I was forced to listen to, dare I say it, Ashley Simpson. (feelings = barf, agony, pain, misery and sickness. Ashley Simpson = very no. ) But I still love you guys. I almost couldn't take it, though.
Oh, and good news. I'm not vice president of the russian club! I know, i know, I was the favorite coming into it, but my friend Andrey from my class has been trying to start an Eastern European student union all semester and the university has finally gotten back to him and said: you can't. Do you want to know why??? Because An Eastern European Student Union would be too racist because it would be only for white people. That's FSU for you. I can see how such a small area of the world would be incredibly discriminating for FSU students.

Yeah, I guess all those people from these 20-odd countries can just join the hispanic student union, because clearly that's all-encompassing. Anway, I let him run for V.P. and now I'm the advertising person. Making flyers, drawing with chalk on the sidewalk, I can handle that.
Well, i need to go because I've got a sociology debate in the morning. (BAH!) 3 more times, 3 more times. I hope you all have a great day!
Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Todd G Sapp said...

must be something in the weather. i had a very bad dream last night. I was the cause of an accident where several people were severely injured and one died. all the pastors were in the car with me. they made fun of me. as first i wasn't sure if it was my fault...but of course there was a camera whichy showed some incredibly irresponsible driving on my part. oops. i was glad to wake up and realize it was only a dream.

Calyn said...

Oh, Todd, that's so sad! I should hope the pastors wouldn't really make fun of you, although I can see why you might dream about that... I would beat them up, so don't worry about it.