Saturday, April 09, 2005

You've Got Jane

On Thursday, we had our first Russian lesson. It was me, Nicole, Tamara, Jenshka, Diane, Lerah and Lori. (Lerah's not even going to Ukraine, she's just cool like that.) We learned the alphabet and how to say "hello", "goobye", "My name is..." and "Nice to meet you." It was very exciting. They're such good little students. :0) Todd wasn't there and we were sad about that. (hint, hint, Todd), but I'm so proud of everyone. It's so much more fun in Ukraine when you know a little Russian. At least enough to say, "Thank you for the pretty hedgehog," right, James?
Today I was pretty much bored out of my mind. That hasn't happened in, probably six months, and as much as I thought about boredom being pleasureable, it really wasn't. I wanted to do lots of things, but no one could do anything. And now it's 8:30 and so it's kinda late. I really wanted to play frisbee, but that's kinda difficult to play by yourself. Lots of running. And you look pretty stupid. So, instead, I was going to have another Cheers marathon (I'm finally on season 2 now), but as usual, my brothers had confiscated my T.V. for their X-box pleasures and I had no DVD player. 2 T.V.s weren't enough. They needed 3. Don't get me on my soapbox, you don't have time to read that long....
Moving on, instead I went in mom and dad's room and watched two movies simultaneously, which was very interesting. G. I. Jane and You've Got Mail. Two movies that have absolutely nothing in common (except maybe that guys are jerks in both of them, but they come around in the end. Of course, what movie doesn't have that?) and the commercials were surprisingly off-set, so as soon as USA went to commercial, I'd flip over to TBS and vice versa. I'd watch people get beat up and shot at, and then I'd change to Meg Ryan smelling daisies. I'd already seen both movies so it wasn't like I missed anything. So here, I am. The movies have been over for 14 minutes, and I still have nothing to do. I mean, I could be doing things, like writing the 3 papers I have to write before the end of the semester, filling out my Ukrainian visa application, or cleaning my room, but who wants to do that? I think I'm gonna go play basketball. Arrivederci!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your title.. You've got Jane. That is pretty funny. I didn't see you at church today! I hope to see you tonight.. Maybe I will come to Russian class just because... Peace in the middle east!

Calyn said...

Hey! I've been pretty good about that. Just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean I'm not doing it. Especially since you go to bed at like, 7:30 at night!