Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Musings and Observations

I go to Ukraine in 40 days
Christina Klawinski is a very cool person
I'm almost done with school
Todd says my name funny, but I don't mind
My Mom doesn't eat enough protein
Canned chicken tastes just like canned tuna
Homemade Korean Food: NOT good
Waking up to Rebekah sitting on my bed is a scary but a pleasant surprise
Getting out of school at 7:55 a.m. is ridiculous
Event planning is a good major for Diane
Despite the popular opinion, cooking popcorn for 3 minutes is not long enough
I don't think frozen fish dinners are made from real fish
What happens if the power goes out and my alarm doesn't go off?
I really don't understand the King James Version of the Bible
I love the Bibles that are like magazines
Mango Yankee Candles smell good
Sega Genesis is the best game system ever made
My Dad eats icecream funny
We live in a very fallen world- let's not get too attached
My last name is symmetrical- REBER
I'm obsessed with symmetry
I think Jake really does like pink shirts
Summer starts in 15 hours
If there was no water, the earth would be a very dry place
Lerah has a cool belt
Paul Fenstermaker is one of my favorite people
I can't believe I liked Captain Planet growing up
I can't believe my parents let us watch it :0)
Having good Christian friends is so important
I despise Halo 2
"The peach is the realist"
Leah Scott is awesome
I wish i were at Wakulla Springs
I think our public school system is really messed up
When the guys play frisbee with us, they should keep their shirts on
Chris is going to be 18 in 47 hours. One word: SCARY
I haven't gotten him a present yet...
I've relished in 74 hours free from X-box
I'm so glad my car has air conditioning
There's a lot of archeological evidence that supports stories in the bible
My pink carpets are starting to look a little worn
Despite what Todd thinks, I've decided I really like bluegrass music
Pirates are really cool
"It's like a mustard seed"
I wish I could play the bagpipes
If I went to bed earlier, I'd probably be less tired


And I know a lot of people are stressed lately, so here's an oldie but a goodie to remember:

Well the day has just begun and I'm already running late
With too many irons in the fire and too much on my plate
I'd be pulling out my hair if I could just get one hand free
And I'd stop this world if I could find the key

What I feel is telling me I'm going crazy, but
What is real says God's still on His throne
What I need is to remember one thing
That the Lord of the gentle breeze is Lord of the rough and tumble
And He is King of the Jungle

People say this world's a jungle and sometimes I must admit
I'd be scared to death if I did not know who was king of it
But the truth is God created this whole world with His own hand
So everything is under His command

K-I-N-G of the J-U-N-G-L-E
He is the king of creation
K-I-N-G of the J-U-N-G-L-E
Ruler of the earth and sky and the sea
K-I-N-G of the J-U-N-G-L-E
He's always in control
He is the King of kings

What I feel is telling me this world's gone crazy, but
What is real says God's still on His throne
What I need is to remember one thing
That the Lord of the gentle breeze is Lord of the rough and tumble
And He is King of the Jungle


Okay, so who was in youth choir when we sang this? That was back in the day.
Arrivederci!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs. They always crack me up. You are very insightful today! I would have to 4th the whole guys wearing shirts thing! our office only takes 2 minutes to make the popcorn, but it;s the smaller snack bag. O and PICK ME I was in chior back in the day when we sang that song! WOW.. should I feel old?

Calyn said...

When I said "despite the popular opinion it was because in pink carpet bible study last night, Callie had a bag of popcorn and it said to cook it for 4 minutes and we all insisted (except Jenna) that was too long and she should only do it for 3 minutes. My microwave doesn't have a popcorn button, so it doesn't know how long to cook popcorn. (Or maybe it does, but I don't like popcorn so I've never noticed it before) so she cooked it for three and only like, half the bag had popped. So we were wrong.
And no, Shannon, you shouldn't feel old, you should feel experienced

Anonymous said...

hey calyn!
well, it looks like i might be coming to one of the later camps this summer! i wish that i didn't have to change, but summer school conflicts with the date, and i didn't know that it would. as long as i still get to go, everything will be okay with me! anyway, congratulations with summer being so close! i still have a good 2 1/2 weeks :( boo! i love you!

Rebekah said...

COME ON! haha Dont y'all have something better to talk about then POPCORN! and I think that yes, the guys need to leave your shits on!
Bekah

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THAT!!! I DON'T FEEL OLD! I AM JUST EXPERIANCED!!!!

Jenshka said...

Wow, you miss a couple of days on Calyn's blog and you miss a whole world of stuff. Let's see, I have some comments. I agree with Paul on the whole staying by the microwave while popping popcorn, which is why I said to put it on for 4 minutes and do that, but no one listened and now we're having this conversation. I really like that song, but I was not in choir when ya'll sang it. That was before I moved here. It's kind of weird to think that there was a time before I moved here. Oh yeah, and I don't really mind if the guys take their shirts off, but that's just me...