Sunday, April 10, 2005

I love chris myrick and frisbee! (in that order, of course)




Today at Rec ROCs, I got to play frisbee with the youth and it was way fun. From 5-5:45, I get to play with the highschoolers, while the middle schoolers are in choir, and from 5:45-6:30, I get to play with the middle schoolers while the high schoolers are in choir. They say I'm like, a supervisor or an "adult" or something, but, they can call me whatever they want because I get to play frisbee with the coolest people in the world. (Some of who are, but are not limited to- Aaron, Jenshka, Janelle, Anna, Kevin, Shannon, Diane, Chris, Daniel, Jake, Nicole, Mr. Scott, Mr. Doug, Todd, Kenley, Sappy, and WALKER!!!) Walker is the best cherry-picker ever. And he is the most committed of the bunch because he does not go to choir, but instead plays frisbee for both sets. That's right. He knows how to prioritize. :0)
Ooh! and Chris Myrick gave me a 88-cent tiara for my birthday!!! He wrapped it and Christmas wrapping paper, and handed it to me. I thought it was a yo-yo, or a mini-skateboard or something, but it was a "Pretty Petite Princess" crown. Not to be thought wasteful, he explained as I opened it, "It's okay. It was only 88 cents." Now that's what I like to hear. Creative and Cheap. Kid after my own heart. There was a little bit of pressure as I put it on, because on the box it said, "Will fit a true princess". I mean, what if it hadn't fit? After all, it was made for persons at least half my size. But I guess my fairy godmother had something to do with it, because when I placed the crown on my head, it was a perfect fit! So, I'm waiting for some prince to come knock on my door and sweep me off my feet. But he'd better hurry up, because it's almost 12:00 and I'm gonna turn into a pumpkin or something. At least, I think that's how the story goes. Anyway, I love you Chris Myrick. Happy early birthday. I'm gonna go start one of those 3 papers now. Joy. ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS OF CLASS!! Arrivederci!

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

Hey Calyn,
How are ya doing today? I had so much fun with you on Friday, thanks for the awesome coupons. Crispers is GREAT!! Just wanted to sum up plans with you for tomorrow, I have a CAR!! Praise God. You name the placeand I will meet you there. I will get off at 6:00pm. Would you mind just calling me to say were? Love u, can't wait to get together. Don't forget to bring your bible.
566-5534

Anonymous said...

Well, I won't lie, I am very jealous of you and lori, calyn...first of all, you get to see veronica this weekend, you are giving russian lessons (which by the way, i would like to be in!), and you are getting lessons from veronica this summer. man, how i wish i could stay for the whole time! i'm sad. well, i will try to call you sometime this week so we can chat! hope you had a good weekend!

Calyn said...

Ah, he was a no-show, Special K. But you know what they say, "Someday my prince will come..."

Anonymous said...

AMEN CALYN... WALKER ROCKS!I love the skateboarding boys, and I always look forward to "supervising"them on Sunday's, but I was glad that noone was out there yesturday, because I got to play ultimate! I never get to play! It was so much great fun. I do think I had it o so good too, because I had Daniel, Walker, and Ian, where all on my team just to name a few! Plus I got grass stains from my nice fall! Ahhhh good times with great people! We should hang out soon...HAve a great week and good luck on the three papers!

Calyn said...

Pauls! You weren't there! Don't be offended. Had you been there, I would have been sure to mention you. By the way, remind me to give you the script for week four, because Aaron's going to be in town and we're doing it next sunday.

Anonymous said...

Calyn, this is definitely not your best picture selection. Thanks for dedicating a whole entry about me and for putting me before frisbee. I'm glad you like your crown.