Friday, April 22, 2005

It's OVER! (to quote my man, Strongbad)

Friday, April 22, 2:07 a.m. I am officially done with all papers this semester! 3 exams and then I'M DONE! It's a beautiful thing. I've been blasting the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack trying to not fall asleep. I've changed the words, though. "Oh, oh, oh, oh, stayin' awake. Stayin' awake."
So, I wasn't going to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert tonight and then, out of nowhere, my friend Mark from Pensacola calls (he's a youth pastor who's been to Ukraine the past two summers with me) and says, "Hey, we're in town at the concert at an adoption table. Are you here?" And I said, "Hold that thought." So me and Lori went up there at about 8:30 and hung out with Mark and his wife, Jennifer, which was totally awesome! And we got to Kenley-dance with the whole gang and Kyle did some great solo-dances. Me and Kyle may have even done our world-renown gymnastics routine, but I can't tell you.
I only heard Steven Curtis Chapman from in the hallway, but he sounded great. I'm just really not a concert person, though. I'd much rather listen to a CD. I'm sure it was awesome, though. We went to Guthries afterwards and I'm a big fan of Guthries, plus the lobby was still open at 11:30, so that was a good thing.
I'm gonna going to get off the computer now, because I still have a bunch of stuff to do and I have to get up in like, 5 hours, so it's probably in my best interest to not be on the computer. Have a great day, everyone! Arrivederci!

1 comment:

Jenshka said...

Hooray for Calyn! I'm really jealous that you're almost done with school. I want out! Okay, only less than 4 weeks until I'm done. We need to plan our graduate road trip!