Saturday, March 05, 2005

Oh my gosh! It's HUGE!

Yesterday I waved goodbye to all my friends going on the Student Life Conference *tear* and went to the wedding rehersal at Maclay Gardens with Tamara and Karina. Now, Maclay Gardens is a very pretty place with a lots of flowers and trees and stuff, but where there's flowers and trees, there's also bugs. And sitting outside playing instruments at dusk brings out Florida's state bird- the mosquito. So, we're trying to play and it's cold and my fingers are cold and there's mosquitos everywhere biting us and Tamara smashed one on my white pants and that was pretty funny because there was squished bug all over my pants. Then Karina looked at Tamara and said, "Oh, Tamara. One of the mosquitoes bit you right on the forehead." And I looked at Tamara and my eyes got really big, and I said, "Oh my gosh! It's HUGE!" Which probably wasn't a very good thing to say, because it probably freaked Tamara out a little bit, but I couldn't help it because half of her forehead was a huge mosquito bite and it was hillarious. Anyway, the wedding rehersal dragged on f...o...r...e...v...e...r and then me and Tamara left to have a night on the town. What else were we going to do? All of our friends had jumped on a bus and gone to Pensacola to have a great time with Shane & Shane and David Nasser so we at least had to do something exciting. So we drove around Tallahassee for a while and we called Kyle's cellphone and they passed it all over the bus. So I still got to talk to everyone that was going on the trip. And it was almost like we were there. :0) Daniel Lloyd told me that he got accepted into FSU, so that was pretty awesome because now me, him and Jenna can hang out next year. It's gonna be great! And then after we got off the phone, we went and saw Mrs. Eileen at Wal-Mart cuz she was getting her car fixed and that was pretty cool. and we didn't buy anything at Wal-Mart! That's pretty amazing in itself. Then we went and got on Thomasville Road and sat there. Dead stopped. For about 25 minutes. We had no idea what was going on except that no one was moving and there must have been a really big wreck. So Tamara was praying for the people who must have been in the wreck, when suddenly the policemen that were blocking traffic moved and we got to go. So we were like, "What the heck? Where's the wreck?" (hey, that rhymed. I'm a poet and I didn't know it. ) And then we drove past the Bank of America that's on Thomasville right by Timberlane Road (it's all brick and pretty) and there were a gazillion police cars in the parking lot and the bank was closed but all the lights were on and so we think that there must have been a bank robbery! I hope they caught the loser. Then we went to Arby's and came back to my house and watched Moulin Rouge. (Tamara had never seen it before. And it's a great movie, so we had to watch it.) And then, after that, we picked up Kenley and went to the Waller's house to see Alec because he was coming home for spring break. We got there at like, 10:30 and Alec came home at about 11:15, and that was pretty darn awesome. I love the Wallers. They are so cool. So we hung out until about midnight and then I came home and went to bed. Kenley told me that his house was being overrun with koala bears, so I need to come and pick those up ASAP. Thanks to all of you who contributed to Calyn's Koala Bear Fund. Make sure to put your donation as a tax write-off. April 15th's coming up fast.
So that was yesterday. I'll tell you about today whenever I finish it. Arrivederci!

No comments: