Thursday, March 03, 2005

Today I feel: sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired!
Okay, so it's 12:49, and I have a test tomorrow and I'm gonna die. But it's okay, because only 2 more days till spring break. But I really should go to bed, so I'm going to make this short. So I was thinking about a song that would fit my week, and this is definitely it. If you haven't heard this song, it's by Mark Schultz and it's on the Stories and Songs CD, and it's so awesome.

I am driving
I am late for work,
Spilling coffee
Down my whitest shirt,
While I'm flossing
And I'm changing lanes
Oh Yeah.
Now I'm driving
Through the parking lot
Doing eighty
Hey what the heck why not?
Watch it lady,
'Cause your in my spot.
Once again.
It's early to work,
And here's a surprise
I got a McMuffin for just 99 cents today.
I think they ran a special.

I can't stand still
Can I get a witness?
Can you hear me?
Anybody, anybody?
I think I am running just to catch myself.

Maybe someday I could fly away,
Go to Key Largo
or Montego Bay,
Sport my speedo, maybe grab a tan.
A dream vacation, wild elation.
Now I'm running
Straight into my boss,
And he's angry,
Oh and he calls me Ross,
Which is funny,
'Cause that ain't my name,
And that's lame.
I'm still running
Running very late
For a meeting...
Wait, that was yesterday.
Guess I'm early
for the one next week,
Oh how sweet.
I get on the ladder;
I corporately climb.
I wave at my life
as it passes me by every day.
My name's not Ross!

I can't stand still
Can I get a witness?
Can you hear me?
Anybody, anybody?
I think I'm just running just to catch myself.

Life in my cubicle is discreet.
Life in my cubicle is neat .
I've got some pictures of my friends,
Some sharpened pencils...where's my pen?
Ten O'clock:
I'm in a meeting
Paper cut
I think I'm bleeding
Check my hair
it's still receding
Hey what a life.

Break for lunch,
There's nothing better
Run outside
and don my sweater,
Like Fred Rogers
let's be neighbors.

I've lost my mind
I'm over worked
And underpaid
And non-appreciated
It's just a perk of being
Middle class
And educated

One... spinning circles in my chair
Two...win a game of solitaire
Three... And I ponder where my stapler's gone
Four O'clock and I stare at the door
And I stare at my watch
Then I stare at the door
I stand by my desk like I'm going to war
There's just one thing I'll be needing
Grab my paycheck as I'm leaving
Oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhh!
It's five o'clock
It's time to go
There's crowds to fight
And horns to blow
It's talking fast on my cell phone
Hey watch out that's reckless driving.
Five O'clock
It's time to leave
To hit the couch
And watch TV
Set the clock and go to sleep.
It's 8 am on Monday morning
Again and again and again and again and again!
Driving around
Nowhere to go
And so I hang with my lady Oh,
And chill with my bro's
It's okay, in my Cabriolet.

I can't stand still
Can I get a witness?
Can you hear me?
Anybody, anybody
I think I am running just to catch myself

When I meet God
I will have a question...
I just forgot my question.
I think I am running just to catch myself
Oh oh ohOh oh oh

Oh randomness. How I love it. And it's funny, because, although nobody's called me Ross this week, a higher percentage of people have called me "Kaylyn" (that's with the hard "a" sound, which is most definitely NOT my name) this week, (more than the average 30-35%) which is worse than being called Ross, in my opinion. So, if you see me this week, be sure to pronounce my name correctly. (Unless you're Sarah or Jenna, because Kaylyn Rebber's kinda a nickname at this point. I'll forgive them for that. ) I'd rather you call me a totally different name, like, Leighanne, or Ross, or "Hey You" or something. Cool. Arrivederci!

2 comments:

TX said...

HEY CALYN!!!
It's Anton! Do you still remember me??? I hope you will have free time to chill. =)
Also i've made blog too!YEAH!
It's so cool!
But i don't know how to add another blogs to *FRIENDS* list.
Help me please if you will have a desire.
MY BLOG URL:

www.JA-JA-JA.blogspot.comBye Calyn!!!

Lori said...

All I have to say about that first comment is...wow. :o) but, great song...I love it. its so...you :o)