Monday, May 02, 2005

Back in High School

The college student with no life now went to Leon High School to eat lunch with Special K and Jenshka today. It was a lot of fun. We ate on the grass and it was sunny and pretty and then Jenna said, "Hey, why don't you come to my last two classes with me?" So I went to chorus and then I went to Melodears practice, which was much like chorus just with a smaller group. I had so much fun. I got to sightread really hard music, which was cool (although not pretty) and I got to meet all of Jenshka's really awesome friends. Oh and in melodears practice, their teacher, Miss Hall, arranged a version of the spice girl's Wannabe song and jenna's second alto partner wasn't there, so I got to sing along, and that was exciting. Fun stuff.
Then I came home and chilled out for a while and then met Ruth at Lifeway where we picked up a Bible study we're going to do together by Henry Blackaby and some other dude about the life of Abraham and becoming God's friend. It looks really cool. And I got the new Chris Tomlin CD, which is really good. I'm listening to it now. I like it.
Well, I'm going to attempt to go to bed early (i.e.- before 1:00, that would be good.) and I'm going to try to be productive so I will leave you all now. Me and James are going to breakfast tomorrow and then, drum roll, please... Wakulla Springs! Love it. I can't wait. I love water.
33 days until I go to Ukraine!!! Arrivederci!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Calyn, Thanx so much for an awesome time tonight. I am sorry that I was not a little more cheery, but I did have a good time and I was loook forward to hanging out all day. Hope you and James have a fun time tomorrow, hopefully that nasty grass is all good so you won't get cut again. I am going right now to sit down and do my bible study, this is going to be =GREEATTT! I love you, take care

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go to Wakulla Springs today! Too bad I have to work! I am glad you had fun being in HIgh School today! That is awesome! I won't be able to play Ultimate on Sunday, because I got more time off work so I get to stay in Texas an extra day and hang with Katie! YEA! Love you Calyn!!

Jenshka said...

Thanks for coming and hanging out with me! It was awesome to have you there. I wish you could come every day. I'm not so sure your brothers would like that though.