Monday, May 16, 2005

I asked Kenley to make up a good title, but he no longer knows how to be spontaneous and funny, and so I am without one.

I still have no voice. This is getting irritating. At least I can still whistle.
So, I was looking at Homes and Land today (the Real Estate magazine. We were at Kenley's. If it's not Motor Trend, what else would we be reading?) with david, Lori and Kenley, and we were talking about how stupid people are for paying $600,000 for a freaking lot just because it's in Bobbin Brook. I mean, come on. A Lot! No house. Just the lot. I could do a lot of things with 600,000. Like buy North Dakota. 2 acres in Bobbin Brook does not seem like a good way to spend that money. Mr. Scott says we need 400,000 for the AIDS orphanage. I'm thinking, build the AIDS orphanage, and you'll still have 200,000 left over to purchase 1/3 of North Dakota. you know, the Dutch bought Manhattan Island for $24. They got a pretty good deal on that one. Those Dutch are thrifty. I mean, now you can't even buy a hotdog in Manhattan for that.
We played Taboo again tonight. I beat my record and got 17! It was very exciting. We decided that the pink cards are indeed harder than the blue ones. And me and David spraypainted cereal boxes that I'm making into X-boxes that I can blow up and run over for our "Partnership for an X-box Free America" commercial. It's going to be beautiful. At least let me take my anger out on a cereal box. What was funny was I went and got the cheerios box from kenley's kitchen, and I was like, "yeah, this is about the right size for an x-box" and on the side of the box it said "Win a free X-box! Details inside!" Go figure. It's everywhere. It has overtaken america one home at a time. destroying families, relationships and the hook-ups for our DVD player. How I despise it.
Kenley painted his office toupe tonight. They say toupe is very soothing. Or at least Brad Pitt and George Clooney do. I don't know if I agree with that, though. I will say that the fumes that are all over this house are not very soothing. I have a headache. I'm going home. Arrivederci!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a blogger that lest me know what happened in your life today. I have a xanga that features disconnected emo rants and song lyrics. Am I doing something wrong? By the way, I am too lazy to stare at "karoshee yoshek" long enough to remember how you chose to transliterate my favorite Russian phrase so I have to go to my own xanga, scroll down 4 or 5 posts, click on whatever Lauren's xanga name is so it'll take me to her xanga, scroll through her comments until I find your comment on her xanga, click on your screenname at the end of your comment so it'll take me to your xanga, and then click on the link to this site from your xanga. I find that mildly amusing. I have a new facebook message too apparently. The facebook is more evil than the xbox, destroy it instead!

Anonymous said...

I misspelled lets in that last comment and I'm powerless to change that. You have no idea how much that irritates me at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Calyn,
If you need any help destroying X-Box I am right there with you! Just call my name and I'll be there... hey another cheesy love song. Sounds like you guys had fun last night. Congrates on 17 that's amazing! I wanna be just like you when I grow up. Or shall I say if. If you guys have any more parties let me know!
Love ya,
Shannon

Lori said...

Shannon--I'd hardly call it a party...talk about random...Kenley called me and asked if I'd come help paint his office...I was on my way over there when Calyn called and asked if Kenley had some boxes she could use...we were waiting for him to come back with paint when david walks in the door and says that he went by Calyn's but the lights were off so he decided to stop by kenley's. It was really strange the way we all ended up together...but, we had fun nonetheless :o) anyway, just wanted you to know last night certainly wasn't planned.

Calyn said...

Yeah, I don't know if I'd call that a party, shananananon. But I've found David is an expert spray-painter. Or at least I think he is. It was dark outside, so I haven't actually seen the cereal boxes, but they looked very, painted.
Oh, and Daniel. I'm pretty sure you can delete your own comments. You might want to try that. I'm glad someone else can relate about being obsessed with things being spelled correctly. (not that I spell things right all the time, it just bugs me when I've realized I've spelt something wrong.) And you should write about your day. Then I can know what's up with you.
Pauls! I left a voice mail message on your cell. Drama practice at 6:30 tonight because mr. Jim's going to his grandpa's 104th birthday party. Yeah, 104th. That's insane. And he's leaving for that on wednesday, so we've gotta have stuff done by tonight. I realize you probably have bible study or something and it's all right if you can't come, because I've got a lot of people who aren't actually in drama to come (maybe give you guys a little break. :0) and so don't feel obligated or anything. (although, of course you know we would love you to come. :0) Have a GREAT day!

Calyn said...

I hope NO one's hair is this color.

Anonymous said...

Jake you crack me up.. I often wonder what goes on inside that head of yours!

I am glad you guys had fun painting last night! Sounds like a good time. I watched the movie Hotel Rwanda last night. IT was very good although it made me sad too.

Well, I hope the party tonight was good... Sorry I was coming, but LInda called and asked me to come over so I went and they had cooked a big "breakfast" so we at at like 10 something and I just hung out there!
Love you guys!
Shannon

Calyn said...

Ooh, I bet that was fun. I love breakfast.